Friday, May 27, 2011

FRIDAY MORNING AND MAIL IS IN.




The Beatles - Mr. Postman

Good Morning and welcome to Friday morning in my little corner of the world - damp and cold but oh the joys of going to the Post Office and finding mail in abundance.

Three parcels, a package, a lovely long handwritten letter and a post card - I love getting mail and it was delightful to get home - open the letter and read news from my dearest/longest friend in the whole world.  A post card from Post Crossing (this time from Kuala Lumpur), some jewellery and medical alert stuff and ink cartridges for my printer.   It was rather like Christmas with all the goodies - oh and yes there was a parcel including some gifts for birthdays and a lovely pair of red leather gloves.

You will find details of Post Crossing at this site:


it is always special when a card arrives from a stranger in a world full of interest and excitement.  

My letter - long and complicated came from New Zealand from Bryan - friend of my heart and my soul mate who I have known since I was thirteen years old - this time news that his health is not good.  His letters are always beautifully handwritten with a fountain pen and ink.  I cherish them.

New earrings in the mail brought a smile to my face - such simple things but oh so very special.  Lovely to visit Rose at the Post Office and hear her say in her Irish lilting voice - "Oh have we have got mail for you."

Called at a few other places and did a little shopping - returned some faulty goods and finally collected the globes for my bedside lights - all in all a very good morning.

Take the time to write a letter and put it in the mail - surprise someone with a card "just for" - in these days of email and text messages there is nothing like a letter that comes from the hands of friends.

I love to read Bryan's letters again and again knowing that he took the time to sit and write and then seal the letter with his own hands and send it to me.  That personal touch is wonderful.

I wish you a wonderful Friday, lots of mail in your box, a phone call from a friend - lots of lovely things including coffee you don't have to make, green lights when you are travelling and a safe and peaceful journey.

Thank you for reading this blog (rather like a letter) and for visiting "The Musings from My Heart.

Love and hugs,


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for my Amnesty post card, it was a lovely surprise in the letter box and is now sitting on my desk.

Diane said...

thanks Linda for the lovely share. I love suprise packages as well, they really do make your day special. Enjoy your weekend! In the US we celebrate Memorial Day Weekend some celebrate more than others :)