Tuesday, May 17, 2011

GOOD AFTERNOON ADIOS AMIGO AND MOVING ON


My Dad and Me


Jim Reeves - Adios Amigo 

I am late posting this today because I have been lost in the world of my old pieces of writing - I have read lots of them, shared some and been a little surprised at others.

Today in my little corner of the world it is a typical autumn day with a cold wind blowing and watery sun shining in a very pale sky, but it is still beautiful.  I hope there is sun shining in your world and there are joys that you can find as you travel your journey.

Adios Amigo is what my Dad used to say when we parted - and my response would be Adios Com Padre
"Goodbye my friend - Goodbye my Father." and Adios Com Padre were the last words I used at his funeral service - words that were special to him and to me.  Others thought it strange but I knew and I believe he knew too.

I found lots of pieces written about my Dad and his passing and for the first time I read them without tears - oh the hurt is still there, but not quite so keen or intense - a good step to have made and sometimes we have to go back and revisit things for that to happen - or at least for us to realize that it has happened.  There is not a day passes when he does not cross my mind and I am proud to have been "Edward's Daughter."s

What he would have wanted for me was to live my life to the full - to enjoy everything I could, to heal, to restore and to glad to be alive.   I try everyday to be the woman he would want me to be and I hope he's proud of the person I am.

I was out in the car this morning and left it in the drive and took my lunch, my coffee and my book and sat in the warm car in the driveway.  Some other winter days I am going to go to the Lake, The River or the Ocean and read a while in the warmth of the car there.

My resident garden spider has left home - he's been gone for a few days now and I miss him - he has been my guest for a few months so to him I say "Adios Amigo"  but joy of joys I found a lady bug near my clothes line and spent lots of time watching her flitting around.  There certainly is joy in LITTLE things and she was very tiny.

I find joy in lots of things - clean bed linen, dew on the grass and on the roses, soft shades of all colours, music of all genres, the laughter of children, the funny things they say, lovely warm smells from my kitchen, conversation with friends.  There is so much in my world and in my heart - it's not perfect but then neither am , so we fit together so very well.

Today is Tuesday - Ruby Tuesday - a special day (just because I want it to be special) and it is a great excuse to play Goodbye Ruby Tuesday

With a joyful heart I say Thank You for visiting the "Musings from my Heart" and send love and hugs your way.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

What lovely memories of your dad you have. From all that you have shared it was a mutual adoration society with you pair.

Your spider has just moved to another spot and is waiting to surprise you with his handiwork, enjoy when the dew sparkles on his new home like tinsel on a tree

Linda J. said...

They are very precious memories Lynne - I will keep looking for my spider.

xxxx