Wednesday, May 25, 2011

IT'S WEDNESDAY AND I LOVE MY LIFE


and that includes YOU.

Kevin Chesney and Dave Matthews - I'm Alive

It is Wednesday again and this clocks up another week on the odometer of my life - 73 weeks today since I was given the most gracious gift of all - life.

So damn easy to say that life's so hard
Everybody's got their share of battle scars
As for me, I'd like to thank my lucky stars
That I'm alive and well

It'd be easy to add up all the pain
And all the dreams you sat and watched go up in flames
Dwell on the wreckage as it smolders in the rain
But not me, I'm alive

And today you know that's good enough for me
Breathin' in and out's a blessing, can't you see?
Today's the first day of the rest of my life
And I'm alive and well
I'm alive and well

Stars are dancin' on the water here tonight
It's good for the soul when there's not a soul in sight
This boat has caught its wind and brought me back to life
Now I'm alive and well

And today you know that's good enough for me
Breathing in and out's a blessing, can't you see?
Today's the first day of the rest of my life
Now I'm alive and well
Yeah, I'm alive and well

I am happy with my life - it's not perfect and it is different, but it is life and it is a gift I accept with a very thankful heart.  One of the lines in that song that touches a nerve for me is:

Breathin' in and out's a blessing, can't you see?

  It reminds me so much of the days when I had quite large pleural effusions and couldn't breathe and today I breathe easily - breathing in and out is such a blessing.  I take care of myself and avoid circumstances where I could be exposed to infection and my very supportive family have had their 'flu shots in an attempt to protect me.

So as you can tell I am very blessed and encourage you to count your blessings, to love your life and those in it. Today is 73 weeks since my transplant and again I give thanks and honour my Donor and think specially of his family.

Some of my friends are feeling pain at the moment and I hold them very close in heart and thought - feeling pain for different reasons but I am sure they will weather the storm with loving support.  To all of you try to put your pain aside for a little time - enough time to refresh and restore your spirit and go on living your life and loving those in it.  Be sure to tell those in your life that you love them because you don't know how long you have them for.

Things happen and they are no one's fault - they just happen and I have learned to accept them with a heart that is open to change and open to loving care.  I have learned to accept things graciously and to be thankful.


"I am thankful today for air to breathe"

Live your life, love your life and those in it and thanks for visiting and reading "The Musings from my Heart."

Love and hugs,

No comments: