Saturday, May 21, 2011

SATURDAY - STORMY WEATHER.



Ella Fitzgerald - Stormy Weather.

Welcome to the weekend in my little corner of the world and there is no sunshine, only silver grey skies and lots of wind and we are forecast extreme conditions and rain.  

I guess we must expect this as we are at winter's doorway and soon the days will all be cold and dreary - but it is part of the circle of the year.  Seasons roll on and each day brings a beauty of its own.  The sky may be grey here but it is striped with silver and fluffy clouds - it looks lovely.

A quiet Saturday - shopping done and I have the chance to go out with friends to a garden centre for afternoon tea - still undecided on that one.  Things I should be doing - I am running out of time though.

Lots of sporting events, weddings and Fetes will be affected by this wintery weather and I know lots of people will be disappointed but there is nothing we can do to control the weather - so no good fretting and stewing about it.

Out driving this morning I saw a beautiful carpet of autumn leaves on a front garden and was so pleased that the resident had not raked them up as they were a delight to see.

A thing of beauty is a joy for ever:
Its loveliness increases; it will never
Pass into nothingness; but still will keep
A bower quiet for us, and a sleep
Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing.



John Keats.


May there be beauty in your weekend, your life and your family.  May you see colours through different eyes, and may the sun shine in your heart and days.


Let the sun shine in for you and I wish you a weekend full of fun and laughter, company, friendship and good cheer.


Thanks for visiting "The Musings from my Heart" and I send love and hugs to you all.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is a beautiful sunny day here and I have been out for a walk in my little Paradise.
Never one to let a chance go by as I never know what the weather has in store.
Off I went and enjoyed the sun sparkling on the water, no soldier crabs as tide was up, and birds of many kinds going about their day.

I love the seasonal changes and I hope they don't mingle too much so we can still enjoy each one and all it offers us