Saturday, June 25, 2011

SATURDAY, SUNSHINE, SINGING AND SOUP

Beef and Barley soup.
Brooke Fraser - Something in the Water.

Good Morning and welcome to a cheerful Saturday morning - the sun is shining in my little corner of the world and I have a whole day in front of me to do what I want - I have already done laundry and have a bit pot of beef and barley soup on cooking.  And I have a song stuck in my head - you know when you hear it and it stays with you all day an "ear worm" is what they call it - and today I have Brooke Fraser's "Something in the Water" stuck in my head.   I love it and I love the words - such as

"I wear a demeanour made of bright pretty things...
Birds singing on my shoulder ...."
Halos made of summer and rhythms made of spring...

I wear a demeanor made of bright pretty things
What she wears, what she wears, what she wears
Birds singing on my shoulder in harmony it seems
How they sing, how they sing, how they sing

Give me nights of solitude, red wine just a glass or two,
Reclined in a hammock on a balmy evening
I'll pretend that its no thing that’s skipping my heart when I think of you
thinking of me babe I'm crazy over you

There's something in the water, something in the water
There’s something in the water, that makes me love you like –
I’ve got halo’s made of summer, rhythms made of spring
What she wears, what she wears, what she wears
I got crowns of words a woven each one a song to sing
Oh I sing, oh I sing, oh I sing

Give me long days in the sun,
preludes to the nights to come
Previews of the mornings laying in all lazy
give me something fun to do like a life of loving you
kiss me quick now baby I'm still crazy over you

There's something in the water, something in the water
There's something in the water that makes me love you like I do
Give me nights of solitude, red wine just a glass or two, give me something fun to do

It is a very catchy tune and I have it for today.

Yesterday was "Red Nose" day - a fund raising event for awareness of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome and although I didn't see many red noses when I was out and about I am sharing my Red Nose Me image:


I think it is a wonderful way to bring awareness and also it is a fun thing to do and lots of people used to get involved - I am hoping that I am just out of the loop and that support for this wonderful cause is not waning.

It is an absolutely glorious winter day - the sun is shining and the sky is blue - cold it may be but the sunshine cheers people up and has me singing..........Do do do do do d  Ahhhhh Ahhhhh Ahhhhhh


I hope that life is cheerful for you and that you have plans to make some memories this weekend.  I have so many things I have thought about doing and I shan't be surprised if very few of them get done, but I will be spending some time in the sun with coffee and a crossword puzzle to start with.  My laundry is drying in the sunshine and there is peace in my heart - I share the concerns of friends about their loved ones and will continue to hold them close, but I think today is going to be a rest, restore, revive and a nurture me day. Indulgent I know - but necessary I feel.  Physically it will do me good to rest, but I am going to try to rest my mind too - it generally operates at about 100 miles per hour and with some music and sunshine I should be able to get the speed down. 

Enjoy the silliness of the red nose photo - and I hope you can find some silliness and smiles in your day.  Laughter is so healing - find something nice to do that will make you smile or laugh and enjoy it all.  Dance on the wind and live life to the full.

Have a wonderful day and thanks for popping by to read "The Musings from My Heart" - a cheerful singing heart this morning.

Love and hugs,

1 comment:

Diane said...

Your soup sounds delicious I made soup this week as well I will post it . I was shocked to see the red nose I didnt know what it was at first. LOL
Have a great week end
Hugs From Me..