Sunday, June 5, 2011

SPECIAL SUNDAY - SECOND BLOG POST.


In the Arms of An Angel - Sarah McLaughlin

I have just come home from a special service - Organ and Tissue Donor Service of Thanksgiving and I want to share with you the emotion of the afternoon.   There were tears and testaments from organ donor families and recipients and their families.

There were lots of people there, some having traveled considerable distance to attend - I was fortunate it was only a ten minute drive from my home.

It was delightful to hear the positive stories from the recipients and to acknowledge the changes their gift has made in their lives.   

I was fortunate to be in the company of my family and to have my two girls come forward to light a candle with me.  It was a hard and difficult road for me but it was a dreadful time for all of my family - immediate and extended and to them I offer my thanks for the care they showed each other during the stressful time and for supporting me through the ordeal and also today.

Everyone attending has been affected by Organ and Tissue Donation in some way and it a wonderful way to honour them and to celebrate the second chance that so many have been given.

The music was lovely - just a single singer playing a harp which was really lovely.

I feel rather like I have my own special guardian angel watching over me and I shall be forever thankful.

To those of you who are recipients - acknowledge your donor angel and live the life you have been given.

With a very grateful heart and tear filled eyes I thank you for visiting and reading "The Musings from My Heart.

Love and hugs,


No comments: