Monday, June 6, 2011

WELCOME TO A WINTER MONDAY - Bridge Over Troubled Water


Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon and Garfunkel

Good Morning and welcome to a damp cold Monday morning here in Adelaide - we have had overnight rain but are promised a day of clouds but little rain.

Welcome to my little corner of the world where all is quiet and slow this morning.  I am weary after a restless night and a few busy days, so will be taking things quietly today to refresh and restore.  I am thankful that I was able to keep up the pace and do all the things scheduled over the last few days.   It is a great feeling to be able to take part in things, attend functions and celebrations and once again feel that I am living in a real world.  My long stretches in hospital have taught me to value the fresh air and the lack of a formal schedule - to be able to do the things I want at the times I want brings joy.

My eyes are gravelly this morning - lack of sleep and some tears do that.  I was not surprised at the emotion I felt yesterday nor the tears I shed when I came home. But I would not have missed attending the service for the world and to have my family with me meant more than words can say.

I guess we all have "troubled waters" in our lives - times when we don't understand what is going on, times when emotions overwhelm us and we struggle to come to terms with events surrounding us.  I hope you can find a bridge and some easing of your mind.  It became clear to me yesterday that I have now become part of a group of people in the community who has experienced something wonderful and been the recipient of immense generosity and kindness.  I have an affinity with like minds and souls all around the world.

The Adelaide Thanksgiving Service was wonderful, but were I to join another community in any City in the world for their Service,  there would be that bond because of our gift and our experience.   It's a nice way to make friends.  Friends with common bonds.

I am sitting with a lovely coffee and the music of Simon and Garfunkel bringing calm and peace to my morning and I hope that for you there will be a time of peace and solitude somewhere in your busy Monday.
Take some time out - sit quietly in a park, by the river for even just a short time and I am sure that  communing with nature will bring calm to your day and refresh you for your journey.

Build bridges and not walls and be gentle with yourself and kind to others - this journey can be a real struggle and we never really know what burdens others are carrying.   A smile can lighten the load and often get people back on track.

I hope that you can find a bridge to cross and that your day leaves you calm and at peace when nighttime comes for you.

My love and hugs come your way and I thank you for visiting and reading "The Musings from My Heart" and for taking this journey with me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have built a bridge, mended a couple that had a few loose treads, and the troubles waters are easier to cross over now.

So pleased you enjoyed the service with all those special people/

Linda J. said...

Thank you for your support Lynne and I am glad you have built a bridge and repaired others and I hope this makes your journey easier.

Love and hugs,
Linda.