Saturday, June 4, 2011

SWEET SATURDAY MORNING


The Beatles "All you Need is Love"

Welcome to sweet Saturday - a truly beautiful morning in my little corner of the world.  The sky is blue and the sun is shining.  We are forecast rain later in the day, but right now it is perfect - very cool, but bright and beautiful.

Last night we drove up into the Adelaide Hills for a birthday dinner celebration for Nick, and it was very beautiful to be driving through the winter mists and fogs.  It was like a gentle blanket wrapping itself around us and then suddenly the wind would whisk it away.

The celebration dinner was lovely and it was delightful to see Nick with his parents, his brother and his wife, John and me and our two girls and their partners.  There was lots of laughter and sharing of anecdotes and things that all of the kids had done which we parents really didn't know much about.  There were spilled drinks and a sharing of new happenings in all of our lives.  Toasts were made and Nick responded that he was very happy to be growing older with the people he has in his life.  So 40 has not been a drama for him.  Family times are very special and these extended ones particularly so. I didn't take the camera so have no photographs to share with you.  It wasn't a late night - but late enough to leave me tired and planning an early night tonight.

Tomorrow is the Annual Tissue and Organ Donor Thanksgiving service in the afternoon and I am looking forward to my family being there with me this year.

News from American tells me Crosby is now having the "heavy duty" immunosuppresent and this means he is not able to leave his room and is feeling rather sick and not sleeping well.   Please continue to hold this young man in your thoughts as he struggles on.

I haven't caught up with news on Tater but I do know that Ethan and his Mum are now able to drive back home to Florida  - please hold these three close.

There really isn't a lot of news from me - I am well and looking forward to tomorrow to be able to attend the thanksgiving service with those I love.  My heart is full and I am grateful for all I have and am and thank you for visiting today and reading "The Musings from My Heart."

Love and hugs,




No comments: