Saturday, July 2, 2011

SATURDAY AND THE RAIN TUMBLES DOWN IN JULY




Slim Dusty - When the Rain Tumbles Down in July.


Good Afternoon and welcome to Saturday in my little corner of the world and it is July and the rain is certainly tumbling down.  I really like this song sung by Slim Dusty - an Australian Icon and I miss that he is no longer with us.

It is a very wintery day today - very dark and gloomy - midday and lights are on and the rain is still tumbling and will for the day I think.  I really nice day to be home and inside and catching up on some on line things.    Shopping is done and put away and today is going to be a good day.   Both John and I are aware that we had a fall and apart from a sore head for him and bruises for me we are fine.  It did shake me up a little - shaken not stirred.

We spent lovely time with our daughter last night while she waited for her partner at a concert. It is always good to be together and talk and discuss things and I am sure both John and Rebecca enjoyed watching football together.

I missed Thankful Thursday altogether because of a technical hitch with Blogger- but my gratitude is great for so many things.  There has been improvement in health conditions of two very sick little children.   Ethan may be able to transfer to Ronald Macdonald House on Monday and Kenzie's surgeries have gone well, and she is showing signs of improvement.

Life is moving on and the seasons roll along and here we are in Australia past the shortest day of the year and our northern hemisphere friends have gone past their longest day - soon it will be hot for me and cold for them.   Now we are in the second half of the year it is time to start thinking about Christmas and preparations, gifts, menu etc. I love it all and will enjoy the anticipation.


Having checked the weather charts this morning I see most of my Australian friends have cold weather and some have rain,  I hope you can find a weekend space to enjoy whatever weather you have - if you are in the warm sunny days of the Northern Hemisphere I hope you can find things to do that will leave you with memories of "the good ole summer time".
Water, splashing, and we can both do that - you in your pools and us in our puddles.


Splash in the puddles, dance on the wind and in the rain and find joy in the very fact that you are alive.


Love and hugs to you all and a genuine thanks for dropping by and reading "The Musings from My Heart."

No comments: