Thursday, July 21, 2011

THANKFUL THURSDAY - DOWN BY THE RIVERSIDE.


The River Torrens near my home.


Down by the Riverside - Elivis Presley

Welcome to Thankful Thursday and the sun is shining and the sky is blue and I have been "down by the riverside"  Lots of the trees are bare and the river is cold looking and busy on its way to the sea.

I had spent some time with the Country kids this morning - they are in Adelaide as part of a school holiday visit and spent some time with Grandpa.   It is only a few weeks since I have seen them and they seem to have grown so much already.  We watched some Seasame Street together and I was introduced to the latest gimicky toy that they received as payment for helping Daddy with the sheep.  Henry starts Kindergarten next week and Miss Grace informed me she is going to be 7 on her birthday.  They are delightful and brought lots of smiles.

Grace and Henry have little critters who have a "habitat" and they play with them often - but call it their "Happy Tat" - I thought of Lynne when they said that.

We had extra visitors call in last night and it was very special to see Darren and Zac and spend time with them.  I don't know where this strong and tall young man with broad shoulders has come from - it seems only yesterday he was a little boy with skinny legs and knobbly knees.

Naomi tells me she has "head down and bottom up" this week end in order to get study assignments in on time Monday.

It seems that they all have busy schedules and work very hard and I am proud of them all.

Part of my Thankful Thursday is gratitude for living so close to the river and being able to spend time there in any season of the year and to watch the changes as the seasons roll.

Gratitude comes from looking at the grown up kids and seeing how well they have developed and matured into beautiful adults with compassionate hearts.  Seeing how they are responsible in the jobs and in the community. Well done gang.!!

I am grateful for the music I can find to often match my blog post and for the sheer joy of playing music at all times of my day.

I am thankful for clean laundry hanging on the line and drying in the wind and sun - for clothes to wear and appointments to keep.
I have two appointments tomorrow and one I will drive myself to and the other I will be driven by John.   I am thankful for medical check ups to see that all is progressing normally for me.  I am going to list 10 things I am thankful for:

  1. sunshine - warmth and light
  2. blue sky - to gaze at
  3. my car - it gets me where I need to be
  4. my fridge to keep my food safe.
  5. phone calls and messages - I love them
  6. the internet - it brings your world into my home
  7. Doctors and nurses who maintain my health
  8. a child with a toothless grin
  9. My family
  10. and YOU
There are so many other things I could list and in each one listed there are other other things I could mention.

Keep your heart thankful and open to seeing the things in your world that can bring you joy.Be sure to let your family know that they bring love to your heart and you are thankful.   Be sure to tell people that you love them.  Never let the sun go down on your anger and a hug never goes astray.

I had the delight of children rushing to be hugged this morning and it made me very thankful for life.

Take care whatever you do and wherever you are and please call by again to read "The Musings from My Heart" or to leave a message about the things you are thankful for.

Love and hugs,
Linda - on 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful day, Plenty of love around you constantly.
I so loved the "Happy Tat"

Linda J. said...

It has been a good but cold day and I shall take my happy thoughts off to my Happy Tat and get some sleep soon.

Thanks for dropping by.

Linda.