Thursday, July 21, 2011

WHEN YOU COME TO THE END OF A PERFECT DAY........


© James Jordan



Judith Durham - When you Come to the end of a perfect day.
(skip to 47 seconds in when Judith begins to sing.)

What is a perfect day?  I guess it is different for all of us. 
Tonight as the sun went down I gave some thought to my day and decided that, although not perfect it was delightful.

Time spent with children, laughter and hugs, the river in all it's beauty, several phone calls and a quiet afternoon.  Laundry done and inside again.

It is evening and my electric blanket is on and I shall be off to bed for an early night prior to a busy Friday but I just wanted to share with you my reflections at the end of this "perfect" day.


"When you come to the end of a perfect day,
And you sit alone with your thought,
While the chimes ring out with a carol gay, 
For the joy that the day has brought,

Do you think what the end of a perfect day
Can mean to tired heart,
When the sun goes down with a flaming ray, 
And the dear hearts have to part?

Well, this is the end of a perfect day,
Near the end of a journey, too,
But it leaves a thought that is big and strong, 
With a wish that is kind and true.

For mem'ry has painted this perfect day
With colors that never fade,
And we find at the end of a perfect day,
The soul of a friend we've made."

© Carrie Jacobs-Bond (1862-1946)

To those for whom bed time and rest is coming I wish you a sweet and peaceful sleep and to those for whom a day is starting - I wish you a "perfect day"

Love and hugs,


No comments: