Thursday, July 28, 2011

THANKFUL THURSDAY - SO MUCH TO BE THANKFUL FOR



Josh Groban - Thankful

There is so much to be thankful for.

Welcome to Thursday morning in my little corner of the world and I can't begin to count or relate all the things that I am thankful for.

Sometimes it is the little things - a clear blue sky, sunshine after rain, warm blankets for my bed,  a "Christmas in July card" a long and carefully written letter in the mail, a nice meal with friends and oh so much more.

There are of course "the BIG issue" things which go far beyond our comprehension - those we don't and can't understand and yet we are thankful for them.

I understand the process of organ transplantation but I don't understand the technicalities of it - nor how much can be learned from a blood test.   What I do understand is when I am told that my blood results are all within the "normal" range and I am thankful.

I sit and watch aeroplanes taking off and landing and don't understand how they do it, but they do and I am thankful for the safety of air travel for my family members (who seem to spend lots of time travelling and are off again this evening.)

The coming of spring brings joy to my days, but I don't understand how under the cold and the rain there is growing the daffodils and spring bulbs that will burst forth at just the right time - they understand it and for that I am thankful.

I am thankful for shared cares and the support I receive from my family and friends - the little things they do for me such as arranging things early so that I can get an early night and rest.  Those friends and family who honour me by staying away when they are coughing and full of cold.


I hope you can find things to be thankful for today and every day - make a list of the things that bring gratitude to your heart and share it with a friend.


We have to opportunity to bring special times to people by just a word, a smile or a little kindness and remember to be sure to tell those you love that you do love them.


Enjoy this day - if sleep is on your horizon then I wish you a sweet and peaceful sleep and may you wake tomorrow refreshed and restored.


Thank you for calling by and visiting "The Musings from My Heart" a thankful heart this morning.


Love and hugs,

No comments: