Friday, August 12, 2011

SUNSHINE IN MY SHADOWS - COURAGE




Josh Groban - You Raise Me Up.

Good Morning and welcome to a very beautiful Friday morning in my little corner of the world.  The sun is shining and the sky is clear and very blue and although it is cold, the day holds promise of some warmth.

It is early and I am half ready to leave in about two hours to join with friends to farewell a special man.  

Today will be a day when courage and strength will be required by his wife, his daughter and son and their children.  This lovely man's wife will need lots of courage and strength for the days ahead.


In all the busyness of the last few days I had forgotten that August 11 is a celebratory day for me - it is the anniversary of my Australian Citizenship.  In 1982 I joined my husband and two little girls and became an Australian.


It is lovely that there is good news for people too - Crosby has left hospital with a change of medication and will be monitored closely.


A beautiful  baby boy was born yesterday afternoon to one of the lovely nurses who cared for me so well.  Welcome Harry James and congratulations Dian  - how special it will be for Max to have a little brother.


So as you can see there is sunshine in my shadows (thank you Helen for sharing that phrase with me).  I have realized that without sunshine there would be no shadows and that shadows can be beautiful.


I wish you sunshine in your shadows and courage to face the things you have to face.


Today will hold tears and laughter and friendship for me and the opportunity to give back some of the support that has been given to me over the years.


I hope your Friday is a good one and that there is sunshine for you and that you are able to walk your path in peace, finding joy in the little things.


Sending love and hugs your way for whatever the day holds for you and my thanks too for visiting The Musings from My Heart - the recording of a very ordinary, very special life. 
I am alive and well thanks to the generosity of my donor.


Love and hugs,
Linda.






No comments: