Saturday, August 13, 2011

SUNSHINE ON A SATURDAY

Largs Pier Hotel, Largs Bay, South Australia

Jimmy Barnes - Largs Pier Hotel

Good afternoon from Adelaide where the sky is blue and the sun is shining.  I was out driving this morning along the Esplanade at Largs Bay and pulled over to take this photograph of the Largs Pier Hotel - a magnificent Hotel on the west of Adelaide which was the old stamping ground of Jimmy Barnes when he was part of Cold Chisel.  I took some photographs for Nicole a BIG JB fan.

This hotel is situated at the corner of Jetty Street and the Esplanade and is directly across the road from the Pier and the beach.  

This link will tell you something of the History of the Hotel.

The roads were quiet this morning - many sleeping in and many off shopping and it was a delight to view the sea and all the changes that have come about on that drive.  I had already done my shopping and the whole of the day stretched before me.

I try to do something different on Saturdays to define week and weekend - and today was a drive by the sea with the water sparkling and seabirds calling.  There were not many people about - some keen cyclists were caught in my photograph and there were people walking their dogs and stopping to chat.

The Kiosk was closed or I would have been tempted to have an ice cream and sit in the sun.  Driving back I noticed what used to be "The Orphanage" now being turned into apartments and I wondered what tales those walls could tell.  It would have been a wonderful place to live being only a hop, step and jump from the ocean, but the rules and regulations and loneliness would have far outweighed that.   I hope that for some who lived there, there are at least a few good memories.


I passed the Fort Glanville Caravan Park on my way home and remembered times when friends holidayed there and the good times my children had with them (even if Naomi did burn her leg on the exhaust of Poppie's car there.


It's been a good week and some not so good days.  Health wise I am fine, but there has been sadness in my week but there has also been joy - I have caught up on Facebook with Anne and that pleases me  I have again seen Delia and met her daughters and grandson so they are good things in my week to.  News coming in for Crosby is okay and there has been some improvement for Kenzie so at the end of this week I have much to be thankful for.


At the end of this week I am grateful for so much and hope that you too can find cause for gratitude - I have had the opportunity to talk with new people about organ donation and have been proud and pleased to do so.


Again I wonder at technology - I caught up with my Father's partner by text message during her holiday in England - it blows me away some times.


Have a wonderful Saturday - celebrate your life with your loved ones by doing something together - a walk, a picnic, a shopping expedition - whatever brings you joy.


I send love and hugs and thank you for visiting "The Musings from My Heart.


Love and hugs,
Linda.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I kind of got stuck at Jimmy's stamping ground for a while, how lucky to have him that close!
The Orphanage sounds like a very interesting place too.
Thanks for sharing Adelaide and taking the time to photograph it