Friday, September 23, 2011

FRIDAY AND IT'S COLD AGAIN.



The Bare Necessities from The Jungle Book


Welcome to a wintry Friday afternoon in my little corner of the world.
It has been sunny/cloudy and cold all day but the wind has settled since yesterday.

It's been a good day - busy and a bit mixed up but a good day - I shopped today instead of Saturday and that will make me feel all out of step for a while.
I have shopped, done laundry, run the dishwasher, visited a friend, did a crossword puzzle with another friend and my lawns are all cut today.   So as you can see it has been a productive day.  AND I have spray painted (silver) a wrought iron Christmas tree ready to be decorated with pink and purple crystals.

I hope your day is as bouncy and as much fun as the Pooh Bear in this picture and that you have found smiles all around you today. I hope that you have the bare necessities in your life  - I am sure you have more than sufficient, but I am learning that it is quite easy to get through life without all those "must haves"
in life.,   There are lots of things I would really like - but in all honesty I don't need them.

It is a case of "wants" and "needs" - I have all that I need but of course have a long list of wants, and dreaming of those wants sometimes brings as much joy as actually having them.

What sore of plans do you have for the weekend ?  Sunday will be a quiet day for me and Saturday involves being coffee maker and "fetcher" for those of my family who are putting up a garden shed.  Whatever the occasion that brings us together it is always special and I shall enjoy the company.

It will be an early night for me - electric blanket is turned on already and I shall be glad to be warm as I have felt very cold for most of the day.   Tuesday is forecast to be 30 degrees here in Adelaide - and that is quite warm enough for me.  The extremes of temperature are sometimes difficult to get used to - but we cope.  

I love these days when I seem to achieve a lot - even if, in reality is hasn't been much, in my mind is seems good and I feel satisfied., 

It occurred to me today that it is a very long time since I have had a sleep in the day time - when I first came home from hospital - I would get up, shower, dress, have breakfast and then it would be time to lie down for a while - and then an afternoon sleep would be on the agenda and then an early night.   So how much I have improved - no day time sleep and only early nights.

It is now time for dinner and I shall go and leave you with a piece of Pooh Bear's wisdom and thank you for visiting and reading the "Musings from my heart.  I hope you can find your own Hundred Acre Wood and enjoy life. 

Love and hugs,
Linda.

“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.”

No comments: