Thursday, September 22, 2011

THURSDAY WITH A THANKFUL HEART


Brooke Fraser - Something in the Water

Good Morning to you - and I am here at home not in hospital and that makes me smile and sing - share this bright and bubbly little song from Brooke Fraser - it makes me smile and this little song is one I really enjoy.

Welcome to coffee time in my little corner of the world - sky is a little cloudy but we are forecast sun and warmth until late in the day when a cool change is due to reach us. - but in the meantime it is going to be windy.  Cooler days for Friday and the weekend.

Had a lovely dinner at a really nice pub last night  - it is an old place and not fancy, but the staff are great, it is quiet and meals cheap and good - I enjoyed it.

I have a long list for things to buy from the shops this morning including cord to re-string by clothes line and then boy oh boy do I have a pile of washing to do.
I am looking for two new books, some containers for beads and must buy COFFEE. 
Imagine that for a moment if I were to run out of coffee - I would cope with tea/iced tea but would miss my addiction.

It is Thankful Thursday and I am so blessed and have so much to be thankful for and today I am aware of how good it feels to be able to go to the shops and buy the things I need.  My car gives me independence and the ability to go from place to place in much comfort.  This isn't the grocery shopping that I don't enjoy - it is the lovely look around and enjoy type of shopping - but I won't last long and will be home again.

I am thankful to be well enough to be bumped from the surgical list and then not to have to wait too long until the procedure can be done.  Cheerful phone calls from hospital staff, Liver Team and Doctors make the whole experience much easier.

Gratitude comes in the form of thanks for a warm and comfortable bed, the love of friends and family, the safe return from Melbourne of my youngest daughter who is unwell with a nasty cold.  I am grateful that she said last night - I am not coming to see you - I value their awareness of my damaged immune system.

I am thankful that the rose in front of my bedroom window is covered in new leaves and lots of buds, following a rather severe pruning.  I love the window open and the fragrance coming through and of course it is a beautiful pink rose.

I am thankful for having things to look forward to - another beading class with Narelle, watching the football Grand Final with my family, my elder daughter's birthday, The Christmas Pageant and then of course the busy time of Christmas itself.

I am thankful that I have hope, that I have faith and that I have love - the things that go with me wherever I go and the things that have brought me to where I am today - Alive and Well.   

I am grateful for this technology that allows me to interact with friends and family and to enjoy friendship this way.

Wherever you are on this Thankful Thursday - may there be things that you can be thankful for - look for them, find them, and enjoy them.

Walk your path with a smile and a song in your heart and wear a "demeanour of bright pretty things" (first line of the song.)

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to read the musings of my thankful heart.

Love and hugs,
Linda.


No comments: