Sunday, October 30, 2011

SUNDAY IN A TROUBLED WORLD




Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water.

Good Morning and welcome to Sunday morning in my little corner of the world where the sun is shining and the birds are singing and I am at peace with my life.  Simple things like my laundry drying in a spring breeze, my cat curled up on the sofa, a cup of steaming coffee make me aware that this is not how it is for so many people in our world.

Right now in many parts of our world chaos reigns supreme - Three more young Australians gave their lives yesterday in Afghanistan and I know that several American soldiers did too - young men in the prime of their life cut down and leaving families with heartache and the struggle to carry on.

There are floods, snow falling early in the States, and QANTAS our Australian airline being grounded yesterday to try to bring their employees who are wanting a pay increase back to work.    They are not asking for very much while the CEO of the Company banked his cheque for 7 million dollars pay increase and then grounded the airline.  Yes we want them back to work and the airline flying again - but please go back to the negotiating table and talk - don't demand that they cancel their claim for a pay rise.  I wonder how the CEO would cope on a much lesser wage.  It seems so unfair and it distresses me to see the injustice of it all.  That's my opinion - picking up soap box now and walking away. 

Our world is in turmoil and so many people have so little it makes me realize how blessed I am - I have been given a wonderful gift of life that enables me to live and freely voice my opinion.  I wonder how we can ever have world peace when dissension exists in homes and families.  We really do need to love each other a little more, be kind and generous and forgiving.   Seek out the good in everyone and practice random acts of kindness on a local scale - being nice may just catch on. !!

I truly do have so much to be thankful for and it is my fervent prayer and hope that some of the big international issues and the domestic local ones too,  can be resolved in a spirit of love and compassion and care.

Be a little kinder because everyone is fighting a battle of some kind and that smile that you give to a stranger may well be the only touch of human kindness in his day.

I hope that wherever you are you are able to show some love and care and that you are able to overcome what troubles beset you - practice love, hope, faith and joy will abound.

My heart goes out to the families of the soldiers killed no matter where they are from - they are some one's son, brother, husband and Daddy.  I have wept bitter tears for them this morning and hope that they can dance on the wind and be free.

Love and hugs,
Linda.

No comments: