Thursday, November 17, 2011

THANKFUL THURSDAY AND IT'S MY TURN TO FLY.



Susan Boyle - Who I was Born to Be.

Who I Was Born To Be"

When I was a child 
I could see the wind in the trees 
and I heard a song in the breeze 
it was there, singing out my name 

But I am not a girl 
I have known the taste of defeat 
and I have finally grown to believe 
it will all came around again 

And though I may not 
know the answers 
I can finally say I am free 
And if the questions 
led me here,then 
I am who I was born to be 

And so here am I 
Open arms and ready to stand 
I've got the world in my hands 
And it feels like my turn to fly 

When I was a child 
there were flowers that bloomed in the night 
Unafraid to take in the light 
Unashamed to have braved the dark 

I am who I was born to be 
I am who I was born to be.

Good afternoon from a hot city of Adelaide - the summertime's a coming and I don't like the heat any more this year than I did last year - but I am here and alive to feel it.

It's Thankful Thursday and I have so much to be thankful for - my new life with "Oliver", my family and friends.   My two daughters who ring and finish off saying - "you are doing fine Mum" and for once in my life I feel I am doing fine.  I feel I am who I was born to be.   Please take the time to listen to this song - it has moved me to tears several times and I am so glad that it was shared with me.

It really is part of my awakening - I have done lots of soul searching and made lots of discoveries in life, love, music and laughter and shared much.  I can now stand and clearly see that I am blessed, it is what it is and it will be what it will be.  This is me - warts and all - damaged skin, wrinkles from the journey and hair that is thin and that I almost forget its original colour.   (No - I'm the brunette in the family photographs)

I am thankful for an awareness that came while I was in the early days home from hospital of how lonely the journey was and how difficult and that I knew I wasn't the only one to be feeling like this.

I made a promise to myself to find a way to help others who struggled along the transplant journey and started a Facebook Page - Transplant Friends Down Under and it grew into a Group - International Transplant Friends and then the absolute joy for me to establish Love your Liver - which has just blossomed  and we are nearly at 100 members who are at various stages of their journey.  Long term transplant recipients,  newly transplanted members,  those waiting and those waiting to be listed.   It has become a haven of support and care.  We have donor families and recipient family members so that we can be kept informed about the progress of our friends.

"Build it and they will come" and they did and it has brought me to a stage of my life where I now know who I was born to be and my life and living has not been in vain.  

Emotional - Yes indeed it is - but it brings me very great joy, special friends and members to care about .  I love it all.

There really isn't much more to say, apart from that I am thankful, and happy to be taking the journey with very special people.  You know who you are and my love and care is with you. 

So on Thankful Thursday - I am truly thankful.

Love and hugs,
Linda. 

1 comment:

Joseph said...

Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Today, is the beginning of a new day, I can waste it, or grow in it's light and be of service to others;
But what I do with this day is important, because I have exchanged a day of my life for it.
I pray I will not regret the price I've paid.


Once again Linda. A beautiful post and you have truly returned to innocence. I love you my special Aussie friend! I love your warts, bumps and wrinkles. You are who you were meant to be!

Love....Joe