Wednesday, November 23, 2011

WEDNESDAY @ 99 WEEKS AND FEEL THE LOVE




Elton John - Can You Feel the Love - from The Lion King.

Good Morning and welcome to Wednesday @ 99 weeks for me and I am thankful, relieved and so very happy to have reached this milestone.   Yes I am counting every sweet and glorious day!

Life doesn't come without complications and set backs but I daily find the courage to face them and do so with very great support and love from so many people.

Talking with other transplant recipients ( of many different types of organs) I find that this event is life changing for them - it affects their daily routine, their family life and mostly it affects how they feel about life.
I am learning to not "sweat the small stuff" and when you have faced your own mortality - it is all small stuff.

It is a lovely cool day in Adelaide, the sky is blue with white fluffy clouds and it is beautiful - I have roses in bloom and my Chinese Jade has flowered - much to my very great surprise because I certainly don't lavish it with care - I have a brown thumb.


Flowering Jade
I am frustrated and getting weary of not being able to find 12 addressed envelopes I printed yesterday for a Christmas Card Exchange - I had them at my desk and now they have disappeared into think air and I am at the stage where I am looking in silly places.  I left it overnight and thought through fresh eyes I may have found them - but no such luck.  I must admit to finding several other things I have been looking for.  I will let you know if I find them - I have the address file saved so can print again - but the minute I do that they will turn up.

I have my new 2012 Diary and feel rather like a school kid with a new exercise book to write in wanting to keep it neat - I will manage until mid January probably - but come February it will be my normal messy diary with all sorts of bits and pieces in it.

I love my computer and have an electronic diary on here, but love paper and have to have a diary - and yes you guessed it - it is a pink leather folder with a new insert each year.  I also keep a tiny one in my handbag and have an organizer but use that rarely - I lost all my data on that when the batteries went flat.

I have had a couple of hiccups with my computer system this week and my external hard drive has turned it's little toes up and is with the Technician who will be able to retrieve the data which is a great relief to me - because that's where all my writing is and I would have lost over 10 years of work.  I am thankful for this.  I will be backing up to another drive as well - it is time to do some housework on my computer and some hot days will keep me inside so that will be a good time.

There is so much to be thankful for and it fills my heart with love and great joy.  I have gained many friends through my connection to the Internet and learned to love and trust so many of them.  How can I love someone I have never seen - yes I can and I do.  All over the world there are kind, caring, sensitive people and I am blessed indeed to share my journey with some of them.


The aches and pains and fears of transplant are the same the world over and sharing eases the burden.  Life issues are much the same in families the world over and it is good to know that a wife and mother in Kentucky shares the same fears I do for my children, that a friend in Indiana has problems with her health in similar ways to me.   A friend in Adelaide has similar issues with a friend in Philadelphia.  We are one but we are many, and from all the lands on earth we come.


I can feel the love and hope you can too - and thank you for visiting the Musings from My Heart and I send love and hugs to you.


Linda. 

No comments: