Wednesday, November 30, 2011

WELCOME TO WEDNESDAY @ 100 WEEKS



Josh Groban - Thankful


"Gratitude [...] goes beyond the 'mine' and 'thine' and claims the truth that all of life is a pure gift. In the past I always thought of gratitude as a spontaneous response to the awareness of gifts received, but now I realize that gratitude can also be lived as a discipline. The discipline of gratitude is the explicit effort to acknowledge that all I am and have is given to me as a gift of love, a gift to be celebrated with joy." 


Henri J. M. Nouwen


Good morning and welcome to my little corner of the world - a beautiful day after a stormy night - and a day on which I give thanks for so many things.

Today is 100 weeks since I faced my own mortality and the surgeon's knife and received the gift of life from a very generous man and his family.  At a time of immense grief they thought of others and I was blessed to receive the liver of their loved one.    There is so much to be thankful for.

The sun is shining and the storm is over - rather like my life really - I have weathered the storm and for me the sun is shining and I am humbled and gracious in my acceptance of the gift of life.   I have learned so very much of love and life and shared so very much of care and friendship, watched my family suffer and come through the ordeal.

Today will be special for me in another way - my "kids" are coming home for dinner and to decorate the family Christmas tree - my heart is overflowing - three out of four coming home isn't bad really.  Sadly Nick can't be with us as he is drowning in a sea of marking papers for his students and is on a deadline.  But to have the three girls here means the world to me.  We have missed Alexis birthday because she was away - so a birthday cake is on the menu too.   

What a joyful day for me - 100 weeks post transplant and my family with me - Oh the joy of live and loving.

I have shared laughter and friendship in a group this morning and laughed so hard the tears ran down my face - I can laugh at myself and to share that with people who have walked the walk and now can talk the talk and laugh is very beautiful.  There is a sharing of joy and laughter and I am thankful for that.  


My life is richly blessed and I can even give thanks for Facebook and the Internet - which give me a window to the world and allow me almost "real time" contact with friends.


Share my joy - share the joy of living and feeling alive - I celebrate my life each day and I am thankful.


Love and hugs,
Linda. 

No comments: