Sunday, December 18, 2011

SUNDAY MORNING AND ONE WEEK OUT FROM CHRISTMAS


Welcome to Sunday morning in my little corner of the world and there is calm and peace here after the storms of yesterday - the gardens and trees are breathing a little easier having enjoyed heavy rain.   It rained and blew for most of yesterday and last night Mother Nature put on a spectacular display of lightening which was very beautiful.

Another day closer to Christmas and two of my girls have cycled down this morning to have breakfast with me which I really enjoyed - I love their company, their laughter and being with them.  They caught up the Advent tree while they were here and we chatted for a while.   They are off to have lunch with a friend in town from interstate.  I like what I see when I see them and listen to the opinions they have - I am proud of them.

Alexis and Naomi decorating the Advent Tree

Nothing glamorous about breakfast here this morning - Apricot jam in jar and Vegemite* all there on the table.,

*Vegemite is made from used brewers' yeast extract, a by-product of beer manufacturing, and various vegetable and spice additives. It is salty, slightly bitter, and malty – similar to beef bouillon. The texture is smooth, and the product is a paste and is the breakfast choice of many many Australians.

No white bread in this house and spread right to the edges here.


I love the time after storms and although there was much damage across the State - the only damage here was one silver ball blown off my outside tree.  Sleep was hard to come by last night as the thunder was rolling in for many hours and the rain bucketed down.


Winter time is settling for my northern hemisphere friends and several of them have mentioned snow and as it is Saturday evening  for them now - I like to imagine them all warm inside, listening to music or watching a movie.
Hot chocolate with marshmallows features in my picturing of them all.


It has gone dark again here with cloud cover and I have put the Christmas tree lights on and it is rather lovely and at this time next Sunday my family will have started to gather and we will be getting close to Christmas lunch which means we are really on the count down now. Which isn't true for me - I start counting down from January 1 and anticipating.


Enjoy your day/your evening and to those snuggling down for sleep in the Northern hemisphere I wish you a warm and comfortable bed as the cold settles outside around you.   Our Carols by Candlelight event it tonight in Elder Park near the City so I am hoping the weather will not keep crowds away and that everyone can enjoy meeting together to sing Christmas carols and light their candles.




Carols from last year - pictured facing north to our beautiful Cathedral and in Elder Park on the banks of the Torrens River.


Today's Moment of Stillness:


"Learning to be present to the present
in mindfulness and in recollection, 
letting go of fear,
trusting the dark ~ 
the beginning of serenity."


If you are out and about shopping - I wish you good luck as you face the crowds - and for those who are at home and getting ready - enjoy it all - every little bit of the magic and beauty of "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year"


Love and hugs and thank you for visiting The Musings of My Heart - where the excitement is growing and growing.


Linda.

No comments: