Wednesday, December 21, 2011

WEDNESDAY @ 103 WEEKS - NO MORE GRINCHES





And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so?

It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore.

Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more. ~~~~~~  Dr Seuss

Welcome to Wednesday - 103 weeks since transplant for me and in one week's time it will be 2 glorious years - 104 weeks  or  730 days - and am I counting? - Yes indeed I am.  I am counting every sweet and precious second of the gift that was given to me -it is life itself and I am thankful.  Yes I am well, yes I am delighted and yes, I am happier than I have been for the longest time.  There are times however when tears just fall - times when the whole concept of what has happened and where I have been totally overwhelms me.

I truly didn't realize how ill I was until I suddenly felt better after transplant - I knew I was ill, but not how serious it was.  Breathing again, pink skin, more energy - all parts and only small parts of the amazing miracle that happened to me.   I used to think that being pregnant and giving birth was the only time that I got to take part in the making of a miracle - but not so.  The generosity of a total stranger allowed me to be part of another miracle and to walk a different path.   I am changed in many ways and a similar journey for others binds them to be forever. The Transplant Community is like a family - hence why I am Transplant Aunt to young Tayden  who's picture arrived in my mailbox a little while ago- isn't this the cutest little guy?

Tayden

My morning started off with a check in with a friend for whom the emotion of transplant and the fact that he is alive was overwhelming him for just a little while.   We are sure the medication we take plays havoc without emotions too - and it was special to travel that particular bend in his road.

I then went out in the car to visit my housebound friend Jenny who is currently waiting for a hip replacement.    We laughed and reminisced and exchanged Christmas gifts.   This is my gift from Jen - a lovely Christmas bowl in The Nutcracker design.  I am very blessed and spoiled - I love it.  The little pate knife is in the form of a candy cane.  Thank you Jen.  I love it, will use it and will cherish it 


Apparently there are lots of accessories in this collection so I may be taking a trip in the post Christmas sales to see what matching things I can gather.
I have had a successful day with cleaning out fridges ready for the onslaught of food that will need refrigeration - it never ceases to amaze me how we have things packed nicely in the fridge, we take them out, each half of the stuff and then we can't fit the rest back in the fridge.    At lease that's how it is at my house.

The weather is warming up and it is still looking hot for Sunday but I did hear just a whisper that the temperature my not be as high as they originally though which is fine with me.

How are your plans and preparations going ?  I am still in the calm mode - panic hasn't set in yet and I don't think it will.   I have paced myself and done things slowly.   I have an early visit to the Pharmacy tomorrow and then Friday VERY early to get the fruit and vegetables.  Then I shall be home without having to go out at all for goodness knows how long, four days at least. 

I hope your plans are running as smoothly as mine are - I have had several "Grinch" visits - 12 cards and envelopes - just gone,  the star from the Christmas tree missing, and a parcel that took forever to get here. Both sender and recipient were much relieved when it did, but I refuse to be drawn into the Grinch mode - no "Bah Humbug" here.  There is just a very big dose of TINSILITIS, which I hear is now in pandemic proportions and is also happening in Philadelphia .   I have been informed that both Joe's partner and I are tooooooo toooooooo much - to which I replied  "Well that is as maybe but we are cute too.".

I have chosen my word for 2012 and that word is INSPIRATION  and I am sure I can find lots of things to inspire  and indulge me and between Christmas and New Year I shall be revamping my "Linspiration and Lindulgence "Blog to coincide with the new word.   Look out for this Header in the new Year.



The word ATTITUDE has served me well and I have been always aware of my attitude to everything and have learned a great deal.

I hope that all is well in your little corner of the world, that the stress levels are low and that there is music and laughter in your hearts and your homes.

Thanks for calling by to read The Musings of My Heart and I send my love and care to you .

Love and hugs from my happy heart.


No comments: