Tuesday, December 20, 2011

WELCOME TO RUBY TUESDAY - AND THE TIME IS MOVING FAST.



Welcome to Ruby Tuesday and my day has been full of sparkle with a couple of gems - lovely conversation and care and a lovely interlude with a kindly soul who helped me reach something at the Supermarket this morning.   A lovely man and a special smile and a very Merry Christmas wish.

My Mailbox was full to the brim this morning with cards, letters and a magazine I had ordered.  The cards are lovely and several had letters inside telling me the story of 2011 for my friends.   New grandchildren for some, holidays overseas for others and better health and sad news too in some of the letters.   A beautiful letter from Cassie - the first nurse I encountered at Flinders and who cared for me very well - she visited me in ICU many times and remembers it all too.   I was truly delighted to hear from her with her news - she has now left the ward and is working in Infection Control and will be wonderful at that.  A leap in faith for her but she is keeping doing one day a week on the wards - how special for the patients.

My shopping is all but finished - I need to venture out on Friday morning for fresh fruit, milk and cream and then I am all done.  It certainly is going to be a hot Christmas for us in Adelaide - but this is Australia and this is summer.  It will be nice to have platters of fresh fruits for deserts instead of the heavy winter suited pudding.   

Fruits on our platters will be grapes, melons, peaches, pineapple and I will whisper this one (cherries) - that is so Joe can't hear - he is envious that we have cherries and they are out of season in the U.S.

I have bought the cheeses for a cheese board too and I am going to have to be very strong so that I don't start eating them before the day.  I rejoice that I am well enough to do my shopping and planning and able once again to enjoy some of the foods of the season.  There were times when nothing at all was right.  My family were patient and kind and would get me whatever I had a fancy for - and not be upset if when they did I didn't want it.

Several Transplant friends are under the weather with winter colds and it is always a worrying time with very depleted immune systems.   To those who are unwell - my love and care comes to you and please take good care of yourselves.  The medications we take sure stop rejection but there all sorts of other effects too.  No complaints here though - each day is a beautiful reminder of how blessed I am to be alive.

Joe is going back to work on Tuesday morning U.S. time for a few hours and I am delighted for him that he has made such wonderful progress and hopefully it will not be too taxing for him.  He will enjoy the company of his work colleagues and so life starts again for him in a much healthier state than he has been in for a while.

School children are on holidays here and I have heard several arguments between them today and this is only the beginning of the summer break for us.  Traffic seems calm and life seems less frenetic on the roads than it has been recently  and that's a good thing but the hot weather usually brings ratty drivers out of the woodwork.

I hope today is being as nice for you as it is for me and for those who are sleeping - blessings to you and I wish you a sweet and peaceful sleep and a morning filled with the joy of being alive.

Christmas music today is Enya "White is in the Winter Night" from her album - "And Winter Came" - enjoy and enjoy the red in the holly, the green the mistletoe, white in the winter night and red in the embers - bit hard when it's hot, but a lovely Christmas song nonetheless.   

My mail box had a card in it to collect a parcel and this parcel was a new star for my Christmas tree because the Grinch has been alive and well here and our old star is nowhere to be found.   Thanks to a lovely online friend, Carmel and despite the best efforts of the Grinch I now have a lovely new silver star atop my tree and it is beautiful,   Carmel also has been very busy knitting and included in the package was a little stocking for each guest - all knitted to match my decor - purple and pink - they are beautiful.   I suspect they contain something yummy to eat, but have been very good and not even peeped.

My pretty star.

Knitted with love. 

Thank you Carmel - very much and I wish you and your Irish heart a wonderful festive season with many happy memories of home.

I am blessed indeed to have received such an outpouring of love and care - cards by the dozen, a Cape May Diamond, tiny stockings, a Beading Bible and oh so much more.   You, my friends are cherished and when I count my blessings I count you all twice.

Have a lovely rest of your day - only five sleeps until Christmas - I doubt that I will ever grow up - and I truly don't think that I want to.  I love being happy and I love being silly and laughter rings from my heart and my home in louder tones than it has for a long time - because I am happier than I have been for the longest time. 

"When I was a child 
I could see the wind in the trees 
and I heard a song in the breeze 
it was there, singing out my name 

But I am not a girl 
I have known the taste of defeat 
 
it will all come around again 

And though I may not 
know the answers 
I can finally say I am free 
And if the questions 
led me here, then 
I am who I was born to be 

And so here am I 
Open arms and ready to stand 
I've got the world in my hands 
And it feels like my turn to fly 

And though I may not 
know the answers 
I can finally say I am free 
And if the questions 
led me here, then 
I am who I was born to be 

When I was a child 
There were flowers that bloomed in the night 
That are afraid to take in the light 
Unashamed to have braved the dawn 

And though I may not 
know the answers 
I can finally say I am free 
And if the questions 
led me here, then 
I am who I was born to be "

Thank you to you all for the love and care you show me and for getting me to this stage.   Thanks for helping me shake off some baggage Joe and for helping me to see I am who I was born to be.,

With a very thankful heart I say Cheerio from the Musings of My Heart and I am glad you dropped by. Call back soon. 

Love and hugs,
Linda. 

No comments: