Friday, January 6, 2012

WELCOME TO FRIDAY - LETTERS, LOVE AND LAUGHTER.


Hi there on Friday - last day of the working week - I hope those of you who are working at getting along okay and of course those of you on holidays will be enjoying yourselves.  My Friday is coming to and end but Friday in the northern hemisphere is just beginning with most of my American friends sound asleep.

Shhhh let's tiptoe quietly and let them sleep on.  It's been a lovely day here for me - a delightful morning spent in conversation and laughter over the miles that lie between a very dear friend and me.  Then out to a spontaneous lunch with friends - the things that "just happen" on the spur of the moment are often enjoyed the most.  Lunch by the beach, nice meal, good company and then off to the Ice Cream Parlour for Gelato.
The sheer joy of sitting watching the passing parade delights me and I love to watch.   I caught the eye of a beautiful little girl who was talking to herself and nodding her head in answer - enchanting and captivating.  May there always be children in my life to bring laughter and to feed my soul.

If you have little ones in your life be sure to take the time to watch them at their play and to be enthralled at the games they invent and take part in.  It was interesting watching as people came and went - the beautiful tall girl with long dark hair, shorts and a bikini top - what on earth was she doing with my body?

A source of amusement was the young men coming and going and it was interesting to watch the swagger of their hips as they tried to impress the girls.  There were birthday celebrations around us, business meetings over coffee and families out and enjoying the day and each other.  It was a time that filled me with the wonder of life and love - and how we interact with each other.  The sun was shining, there was very little breeze (in fact almost none) and the temperature was cool enough to enjoy being out.   We fell in love with a puppy waiting outside the Restaurant and he enjoyed our attention too. 

So all in all it was a lovely summer day - a day to be remembered and revisited often.  I did take my camera but was forgetful and didn't take any photographs - next time.   Car parking was at a premium but we had the luck of the Irish and got a park quite readily at both places.


On the way home I called at the Post Office and found some bills and a lovely letter from New Zealand - my oldest friend in the world always hand writes letters to me and there is always a hint of regret there that we didn't marry - that's another story for another day.  It was delightful to hear from him and to receive the photograph he included.    As you know I love letters from your hand to mine and his letters are always beautifully handwritten and delightfully full of news.  I was 13 when we met and he was 23 and after all these years we still get in touch often.


No dinner for me tonight - I ate very well at lunch - nice steak and salad and then the ice cream - Iced tonic water with a slice of lemon was my choice of drink.  It really has been a delightful, love filled day.


I hope your day has been a good one and that you have enjoyed love, laughter, letters and that your weekend shapes up to be a good one.


Thanks for visiting and reading the Musings of  My Heart - a contented love filled heart today.


Love and hugs,
Linda.

No comments: