Saturday, February 4, 2012

FIND JOY IN YOUR JOURNEY




"Under the heavens
we journey far,
on roads of life
we're the wanderers,"


Good Morning and welcome to Saturday for me and Friday evening for some - welcome to my heart and my home on the web,  and your visit here is all part of your journey.


The joy is in the journey - at least it is for me and I hope that I can encourage you to leave the past behind and go forward with courage, strength and hope.
Indeed we are the wanderers and must be looking forward not backward ~ there is nothing anyone can do to change the past. 


  Please don't visit me in my past for I don't live there any more.


I have had a wonderful and long conversation about this already this morning and clearly we acknowledged that there are going to be bumps on the journey, holes in the road and storms as we travel, but what we should always remember is that these things pass and we can't dwell on them.
We don't travel alone - and have and need the support of others to share their umbrella on rainy days.  There are also times when we need the solace and comfort of our own company on our journey - there is also joy in solitude.


There are times when I need to be alone with my thoughts and I have just remembered some of the lyrics from a song I can remember my Grandfather singing to me as a little girl:


""When you come to the end of a perfect day,
And you sit alone with your thought,
While the chimes ring out with a carol gay, 
For the joy that the day has brought"  

Wow - where did that come from - from some deep dark recess of my mind. !!



Take time with those you love but also take time with yourself - enjoy your own company - learn to like yourself.    What do you see when you look in the mirror - I hope you see a kind and compassionate soul who is willing to reach out to others ~ one whose heart is filled with hope. 


It is already well into the weekend for me and I have been shopping for groceries this morning and even enjoyed the bustle and crowd - I gave away smiles and surprisingly received some in return.  


I like my life - I like me  - I am so very blessed.  I have a family grown and making their own way in the world and doing very well.  I have friends and I am loved, encouraged and supported in so many ways.


I am finally getting to watch the Lord of the Rings series on DVD - somehow in the mess that was my illness I never got to see them and I have watched one of three and of course Enya's "May It Be An Evening Star" completed the magic for me and, although it was late I caught hold of a phrase at the end of the first film "The Fellowship of the Ring", which challenged me and captivated me.


"All you can do is decide what to do with the time you've been given."  


How profound is that ? and it is so perfectly true of any of our lives - we don't know the time we've been given and must decide what to do with it.  I know for me I feel I have been given a second chance at life and a friend calls it "re-birth"  whatever you call it, whoever you are and for whatever reason,the decision is yours as to how you "spend" your time.


There is much sadness in the world but amid the sadness are ordinary people making the best of what they have and going forward - never turning back, nor even looking back.


I wish you a beautiful weekend with your thoughts, your solitude, your busy family times, and the problems that beset you - just keep looking forward and find the joy in your journey.


Thanks for visiting the Musings of My Heart a contemplative heart this morning, but one finding joy in the journey and moving forward.


Love and hugs,
Linda. 

No comments: