Monday, February 20, 2012

A QUIET MONDAY WITH LOVE IN MY HEART


Welcome to Monday and indeed I am late enough to not have to worry about being in two different time zones because I don't think there is anywhere in the world that would not have reached Monday by now.


I love the challenge of time zones and working out why when I am going to bed my American friends are getting up and when I get up they are well into their day  (albeit the day before mine ~ there go those time zones again.)


Yesterday was a beautiful day for me although it was very very hot and being out in the sunny gardens was a challenge - sunblock and sun hats all round.  There certainly was joy in my journey yesterday along with a lot of emotion at gathering with Donor families, recipients and their families and friends to celebrate the gift of life and the wonderful contribution donors make to life.


The ceremony of planting the 2011 Rose - named "Thank You" took place in our Parklands in The Gift of Life Garden at Bonython Park and I have said before and will say again that I take absolute joy in the position of this Garden - right in the middle of LIFE - flight paths, trams, buses, cars, picnicking families, a boating lake  - all things that celebrate life.  There were children blowing bubbles and another small child trying to catch them - all quite and respectful but ALIVE AND WELL.


Sharing a selection of the photographs I took yesterday.













I know it is still being a tough road for some of you and that your journey has you tired and worn and I send love and caring hugs your way and strength for your journey. Joe introduced me to a poem by Maya Angelou called "Still I Rise" and I suggest you look it up - just a Google search should find it easily - these are some of the words from the poem:


"You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise"


Let courage be the mantle that you wear and strength be your companion as you journey on and may there still be joy in your journey and still, like air may you rise.


This has been a precious day for me as I have shared the written word with the beautiful soul of a beautiful man with a beautiful heart.  Please remember that although your path is rough you are an inspiration to many and indeed I can sing loudly and strongly:



"You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up... To more than I can be."



Keep calm and carry on and thank you for visiting the Musings of My Heart today a heart filled with love and thanksgiving.


Love and hugs,
Linda. 




No comments: