Monday, March 12, 2012

WELCOME TO MY WORLD WHERE IT'S MONDAY

Welcome to Monday in Adelaide, South Australia where the sun is shining and the birds are singing and it is a public Holiday so I am guessing lots of people are sleeping late, out enjoying the day or travelling.   However you spend your day I hope that you are able to enjoy the little things in life.

I don't have plans for my "holiday Monday" but I am dressed and ready for the day.  I decided to spend the day here and share what joy I find and to tidy up my computer.  I am treating it like a day when I used to go into the Office.   I have dressed in clothes ready for business and make up and hair done ~ I am ready to face the day.

So much for planning to have it like a working day ~ both of my daughters have called this morning and I have spent a long time on the phone with each of them and it has been wonderful to catch up with their comings and goings ~ they sure lead busy lives.

I took the weekend off from blogging and spent time on Saturday with friends here for lunch and a catch up time which was lovely and I enjoyed that.   Sunday I just took the day slowly and watched a movie and also an interview with three of my favourite authors ~  Di Morrisey, Lee Child and Bryce Courtney ~ it was great.   Then an evening crossword puzzle or two with Ray and there you have it a whole weekend gone.

For us the days are getting shorter and evening comes earlier but to our Northern Hemisphere friends who have just moved their clocks forward an hour they are able to enjoy a longer lighter day.
It is a pure joy to hear that spring is in the air in USA and that my beloved daffodils are blooming.

This picture was in my messages this morning:


it came with a message filled with joy at the delights of spring ~ a very beautiful start to my Monday.

A very dear friend took the weekend off and travelled to the Beach and enjoyed finding spring was there too ~ how important it is to take time out every now and then and to refresh, renew and restore our souls as well as our bodies.

The Movie I watched yesterday was "The Help" and I thought it great ~ although very sad at times.  Lessons to be learned there I believe.

"You is Kind, You is Smart, You is Important" ~ those of you who have seen the film will recognize that phrase and I hope it evokes good memories for you.

The moon has been absolutely stunning for the last few days and I decided to take some photographs last night but our sky was filled with smoke from burn off fires in Victoria so I shall have to wait until it all comes around again.

I love these ordinary days with all the beauty around me - they actually become EXTRA ORDINARY days and I hope that wherever you are ~ be it in Australia and in sunshine, or in the crisp early spring days of the northern hemisphere,  that you are able to enjoy everything ~ music, laughter, good food and close times with those you love.

It is hard to believe that a year has come and gone since the dreadful earthquakes and tsunami that hit Japan and I continue to hold Japan close as it struggles to get back to some sort of normality.

So many of you are struggling with health and emotional issues ~ some trying to find themselves in the turmoil that has become their life and to you all I send love and care at the beginning of this week.  May the sun shine brightly for you, may your heart find peace and may your journey be one of discovery and charm.

"The joy is in the journey" and it is not a journey you take alone ~ reach out to someone for support and welcome to my world. 

My love and care is with you and thank you for visiting the Musings of my Heart ~ a thoughtful, happy heart today.

Love and hugs,
Linda. 

1 comment:

Joseph said...

I can tell that you are just a buzz with the changing seasons and of life. It comes across very nicely in your musings today. How sweet it is....Yes my dear....You is kind, you is smart, and you is important. A Woman of Wonder, A Woman of the World, and of the World. You never stand aside and just let things happen - you make them happen for you...How absolutely lovely! Joseph