Sunday, July 1, 2012

YOU ARE NOT ALONE



Welcome to a winter Sunday Morning and the first day of the second half of the year - welcome to July 1st. and Happy Canada Day to my Canadian readers.

It is wet and cold - our sky this morning is a pewter colour and we have silver bead curtains of rain and the sun is trying very hard to peep through the heavy cloud cover.   All of this is beautiful in it's own way.  I have always been a winter girl, but even I am feeling the cold this year - another of the changes in my life ~ and there have been many.

My mail this morning was full of interesting and lovely things and I value this window to the world ~ the fact that I can sit at my desk and yet be half a world away and communicate with people I would not otherwise have met and who have become friends.

Life is beautiful and yet life is tough ~ I am thankful each morning I wake for my life, my family and those I love and my heart reaches out to them each day.

When their days are tough and their road rough and steep - I like to reach out and let them know they don't have to face things alone and that I care.  Friends are very special - they are wonderful to laugh with, to be silly with and just as beautifully they are wonderful to cry with and to share the sad and difficult times with.

At sad and difficult times it is hard to know exactly what to say - and platitudes and cliches leave us cold and unmoved.   These things have to be worked through by each individual in their own way and in their own time.  Grief takes as long as it takes.

Sharing a very beautiful piece with you which was shared with me by text message in the middle of one night when sleep was not my companion.

Gone From My Sight

by Henry Van Dyke

"I am standing upon the seashore. A ship, at my side,
spreads her white sails to the moving breeze and starts
for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength.
I stand and watch her until, at length, she hangs like a speck
of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then, someone at my side says, "There, she is gone"

Gone where?

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast,
hull and spar as she was when she left my side.
And, she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me -- not in her.
And, just at the moment when someone says, "There, she is gone,"
there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices
ready to take up the glad shout, "Here she comes!"

And that is dying..."

I think these words are very beautiful and I send my love and care and comfort if you are standing on the seashore watching someone slip away from you ~ find comfort and ease in these words and rejoice for the welcome release from pain for many.

It is nearly lunchtime and I have no idea where the morning has gone but I have achieved much with my writing and my mail and have more to do, which I will do after lunch and then venture out into the cold cold word to catch the evening mail collection.

Here we are ~ standing at the beginning of another week with all it's complexities and uncertainties and I wish for you an easy path through the tangled brushwood of life, may your heart find peace and your spirit be at ease with whatever life brings your way.   May you have someone to love and comfort you, a hand reaching out to you and the knowledge that you are not alone.

Thank you for reading the musings of this very pensive heart and I wish you safety and security as you ease into another day.

Love and hugs,
Linda 

No comments: