Friday, August 23, 2013

WELCOME TO FANTASTIC FABULOUS FRIDAY



Good afternoon and welcome to Daffodil Day in Australia - a day set apart for fund raising for cancer research and using the glorious golden daffodil as a theme.    It is a day I always look forward to as I have daffodils on my desk and they are truly beautiful.  I used to sell badges and flowers on Daffodil Day but haven't got back to doing it yet - perhaps next year.

These are the daffodils on my desk:


They are bright and strong and bend in the wind and push their way through cold damp earth and dance on the wind.  I delight in seeing so many of my favourites about on this day.

Have you done something nice for somebody and they don't know about it or don't know who it was ?   It is a really nice feeling to see the look of delight on their face and to know you had something to do with putting it there.

Generosity doesn't always mean material things - some time, a phone call, a letter, a kind word or a compliment  - be generous with your thoughts, words and deeds and you will receive much joy.

Wordsworth's poem - Daffodils is really love and very close to my heart:

I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced; but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
A poet could not but be gay,
In such a jocund company:
I gazed--and gazed--but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils. 

No comments: