Friday, July 9, 2010

Good Morning,

Another lovely morning - ahead of what I suspect is going to be a stormy weekend.   We are forecast for strong winds starting late Friday evening and continuing through Saturday with some rain.  Then for showers and wind abating on Sunday.  Sounds to me to be a good weekend to stay inside, keep warm and read a good book.   It is soup and casserole weather - what could be nicer than being warm, reading and the aroma of a curry or casserole cooking ?

I have been out to breakfast at work again this morning and I really do love catching up with them all - I miss my work there and hopefully soon will be able to go in for a while.  I did some tidying up at reception this morning, some shredding of documents and emptying the shredder.  Little things I know, but big steps for me.

Went shopping at Ikea last night and it was great - but sooooo tiring - it is like a maze just to find a checkout and get out of there. It was fun though - went with family and friends and had fun watching Grace playing in the Ball Pit (poor Henry is just not old enough to join in yet but he pushed one of the little carts and helped me shop (I am sure I bought a few more things than I needed just to see his lovely smile when I called him to put something in the cart.

It is lovely to see things through the eyes of children and for them shopping was one big adventure and Ikea certainly aim to please the little ones.

As your weekend approaches I wish you a calm and pleasant time with family and friends, if you are on the roads please take care and stay safe.

Love and hugs,


"If my heart can become pure and simple, like that of a child, I think there probably can be no greater happiness than this."

Kitaro Nishida

No comments: