Sunday, July 11, 2010

Welcome to Sunday morning in Adelaide.

The wind seems to have run out of puff and it is much much calmer this morning and I noticed this morning while out walking a lot of damage to trees.  Broken branches and lots of trees blown out of the ground.  It seems that the drought brings about these things - dry ground and the trees don't have the strength to hold on.

The sky is grey again but no rain so I am hoping that my laundry will dry.

Yesterday I did go to the movies with friends and it was a lovely time - the company of friends is something to really value.

Sleep was not my companion last night but I did do a lot of reading which is great - I listened to the radio too and soon came the dawn.

A quiet day for me with catching up on correspondence and things that get put off for a while - but such a nice feeling when they are caught up.

Whatever you do, however you spend your time - enjoy, relax, restore and refresh ready for another busy week ahead.

Love and hugs,

"The heart's affections are divided like the branches of the cedar tree; if the tree loses one strong branch, it will suffer but it does not die.  It will grow and fill the empty space."

Kahlil Gibran

1883~1931
from
 The Awakened Soul

No comments: