Thursday, August 5, 2010

Hi there,

This is Thursday late afternoon and it has been a busy day for me.  I had pre-admission clinic at Flinders this afternoon.   This usually takes two hours and today was two hours on the dot.   I was seen by an Anesthetist, Surgery Doctor, Pharmacist had blood pressure, weight and height checked (my height hasn't changed at all hehehehe).


All is well and I got the go ahead for my surgery next Thursday 12th.  It will only be overnight surgery and if I am very lucky I may even get to go home on the same day.  This is routine surgery for change of the stent and something I have to have done every three months.


It was lovely to catch up with the Pharmacist who had taken care of my medication immediately post Transplant - she was very excited to see me.


It was a good visit - but these type of things leave me feeling very tired so probably another early night.  I have nearly finished my book and have the next in the series lined up to take to my warm and cosy bed with me.


I am off early in the morning to have blood tests and will check in again with you all later tomorrow.


If you live in Australia - sleep warm and well and sweet sweet dreams be yours. If you are having your summer - stay cool, refreshed and enjoy.


And tomorrow is Friday - we weekend is on it's way.




Love and hugs,






"Learn to detach...Don't cling to things, because everything is impermanent... But detachment doesn't mean you don't let the experience penetrate you. On the contrary, you let it penetrate fully. That's how you are able to leave it... Take any emotion--love for a woman, or grief for a loved one, or what I'm going through, fear and pain from a deadly illness. If you hold back on the emotions--if you don't allow yourself to go all the way through them--you can never get to being detached, you're too busy being afraid. You're afraid of the pain, you're afraid of the grief. You're afraid of the vulnerability that love entails. But by throwing yourself into these emotions, by allowing yourself to dive in, all the way, over your head even, you experience them fully and completely. You know what pain is. You know what love is. You know what grief is. And only then can you say, 'All right. I have experienced that emotion. I recognize that emotion. Now I need to detach from that emotion for a moment."

Mitch Albom quotes from Tuesdays with Morrie

"Tuesdays with Morrie" - a beautiful book by Mitch Albom which was made into a film with Jack Lemon starring as Morrie.  I have read it several times and watched the movie lots too - I learned a lot.


2 comments:

FONTY said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bali said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.