Saturday, September 4, 2010






Good Morning

Saturday morning early for me - and oh boy did it rain yesterday and the glorious news is that our Kangaroo Creek Reservoir is full and running over the spillway. This hasn't happened for a long time.

Not so nice news at the Royal Adelaide Show - it was virtually a wash out - lots of disappointed people I guess.   Today's weather is not quite so wet but we are forecast for strong to damaging winds from mid morning to mid afternoon.  That will certainly impact on The Show.

I am fine - up early to get that shopping done that I didn't get to yesterday and then out again - it is lovely to have a "busy" life again.  It has been almost two years since I have done very much - but I am finding I can do more and more.  I do suffer for it sometimes - but then I just rest.

Breakfast and pills over for the morning and walking around my garden I find beautiful damp earth and trees that are very happy with the wash they have had from the rain - guess there are always upsides and downsides of extreme weather.  Although it is cold and wet I still prefer it to the extreme heat. So I am enjoying what we have and not relishing the thought of summer.


It is Father's Day tomorrow and a lovely family time, but always tinged with sadness for those whose Dad is no longer with them and the first Father's Day is always very difficult.   I have a dear and cherished friend for whom this is that difficult day.   Narelle you are in my heart and thoughts.  I miss him too.
What I wouldn't give to sit down and have coffee with him and also my own Father - just to sit and talk a while would be lovely.  But it can't be so we have to cherish the wonderful and special memories we have.


Enjoy your days and be grateful for all you are and all you have.

Be safe and fill your lives with love and laughter.

Love and hugs,




"And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow."



Jerry Chin









No comments: