Tuesday, September 14, 2010


Welcome to Tuesday in Adelaide - sunny but wet underfoot after a night of rain. Our reservoirs are full and there is flooding over the roads south of Adelaide (between Middleton and Strathalbyn) and lots of other places in the State too. We are blessed indeed to have had the rain.  A dry and thirsty land cried out for rain and was heard.

We are due for a light shower or two today but then clearing up by the weekend. Which will be lovely for those who work and cherish the weekends at home.

Life is good and interesting.  Most of you will know that as a result of the Stephens-Johnson Syndrome I lost all my finger nails (or parts of them) and yesterday was a big day for me - I broke a nail and had to clip them.!!   I know it doesn't sound much but it is a big milestone for me - because it means they are all growing back very well.  Big smile here.

My toe nails were much slower to join in and I would imagine by summer they will have all fallen off too - (great for wearing sandals)  never mind - they will grow back and it is a sign that I am ALIVE AND WELL.

Each little thing is a progress back to health and very valued.

Breakfast over and I am about to go out to the Pharmacy to get prescriptions filled for my medication and also to buy some new perfume.  I really like perfume and always wear it.

No messages from Oxford yesterday - Nick would have been at the Conference and Rebecca would have been filling her day wandering around and enjoying being there.

Spent some time with Naomi yesterday and as always she is busy busy busy - studying going well and receiving good grades for her assignments.  She really enjoys riding her bike and was off for her morning ride after she left me - she usually goes down to the beach and rides along the river track.  With all the rain parts of the Cycle track have been under water.

I have no idea what I shall be doing today - but I shall enjoy being able to make the choice of what I do.

Take care and be safe and try to find joy in the little things of life.  Thank you for your friendship and support.

I wish you sunshine and laughter, a warm and cosy bed and a peaceful sweet sleep when nighttime comes for you.


Love and hugs,





"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words." 

 Sent by Donna Roberts

No comments: