Saturday, October 16, 2010


Good morning and welcome to Saturday - a time for all the fun things you like to do - a visit to the playground with the little ones in your life maybe ?

However you spend your weekend, whatever you do I would like there to be birds singing for you, the sun shining for you and the care of family and friends all around you.

I am sharing a lovely short movie with you - take some time to watch it and please enjoy.


It is "Special Saturday"  (all days are special really) and special to me are the friendships I have - those people I can ask to do things for me and who love me when I am not particularly lovable. 

"Love me when I am unlovable because that's when I need you most."

Saturday morning has brought an easing of the wind here in Adelaide but it is still cold and we have some showers forecast, although the sun is shining right now.   How much the weather affects us and our moods!

Looking forward to a special Church service tomorrow at the Salvation Army where I work (or at times I am beginning to think it is where I used to work.)
After that I have an invitation to a barbeque lunch to catch up with friends on holiday in South Australia.   I am looking forward to that. Today for me is a quiet day after a rough night (we all have those when sleep eludes us).

I am "at home" with myself and this is one of those days when I shall just follow the whims of my heart and do the things that reach out to me.  I have lots of things I could do - letter writing, a sorting through some books, a Christmas tree to decorate.   I know it is very early but if I do things very slowly it will not become overwhelming and besides which I am just so glad to be alive and well and looking forward to this Christmas. Christmas 2009 was not an easy one as I was very ill but how glad and grateful I am that I was at home and able to spend it with family and friends.  

I have just had half an hour on the phone with Rebecca catching up on their news - she and Nick are both over their jet-lag and now getting over colds etc.

Naomi and Alexis should be en route from Broken Hill and getting back into routine again very soon.

Have a wonderful weekend.  

Take special care and be safe.

Love and hugs,



"I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month."

Harlan Miller

No comments: