Friday, October 15, 2010





It is wild and wooly and wet in Adelaide today after a rough night, but I can see a patch of blue so as the day progresses I am sure the weather will improve.

Welcome to Friday and then the weekend - my heart is still rejoicing that all of the miners and rescue workers are safe above ground - I guess the difficulty of settling and getting back to normal will be a long hard road for them and their families.   The technology that allowed us to watch it in "real time" completely blows me away and the skill of so many people in crafting this rescue is wonderful to behold.  The Chilean Navy Sub-Mariners designed the capsule that brought them to the surface and NASA organised their meals and they sought advice from Australia following our experience at Beaconsfield.


I don't have much of a funny nature to share today apart from the fact that I heard that our Cricket Captain Ricky Ponting was in touch with the Chilean Rescue team seeking assistance in how to get men out. 

Friday can also be "Fabulous Friday"  and it is indeed fabulous to be alive and well and enjoying life.

I am slow getting started this morning and just looked at the clock and see that the morning is nearly gone and not much done - beauty there is that there is an afternoon when things can be done.

There is no real pattern to my days - largely it depends on how I am feeling, but I have been getting "extra" things done and am now sitting at a very tidy desk with drawers all neat - it seems rather strange.  Don't they say a "tidy desk is the sign of a sick mind."  I hope not but it is nice to enjoy it while it lasts - it won't last.  I start off so well but a couple of days should see it back to the mayhem that is "Linda's Desk."

Take care on the roads and if it is wet where you are be careful not to slip, enjoy all that you do with and for your family and friends.
We really do live in a beautiful world - enjoy it all.

I wish you smiles and a tender touch and a special hug.

Love and hugs,


"What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare?"

W. H. Davies

1 comment:

Diane said...

Good Morning and its Good Night to you, enjoy and have a restful sleep. Thanks for being out their. I enjoy reading your little post..