Thursday, October 14, 2010

Welcome to Thankful Thursday - here in Adelaide all is good - warm day, sunshine - blue sky and birds singing.

But this is nothing to the jubilation and celebration taking place in Chile while as I type the last miner is actually just 10 metres from the surface - all that remains then is to bring the rescue workers up to the top.   I am in total wonder and awe of the technology that allows me to view these scenes in "real time".

I celebrate the lives of these men and celebrate the true resilience of the human spirit and body.   As I type now - the last miner is above ground.  What a joyful time for them and their families.  They all look so well and cheerful - wonderful to have such a good news international story.

I have so much to be thankful for myself - 

I am alive and well thanks to the kindness and generosity of my donor and his/her family.


I was operated on by an amazing team of surgeons, anaesthetists etc.

I am kept alive by a incredible team of Doctors and Nurses who monitor regularly my blood tests and medication.

I am home and living very happily - at peace and "at home" with myself and trying to spread the word about the importance of organ donation and transplantation.

I have family and friends all around the world who support me and care for me.


I am having a "clean out" day and attacking my desk drawers - and boy oh boy do I collect some junk - and I am being absolutely merciless and throwing lots of stuff away or passing it on to someone else who collects "junk".  It is a great thing to do because I can sit down to do it and can watch this wonderful rescue at the same time.

Nearly lunch time for me so I will bid you a fond farewell and wish you a great day/night and hope you can celebrate Thankful Thursday with me - let me know what you are thankful for.  I am thankful for you all.

Love and hugs,



"Be aware of wonder. Live a balanced life – learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some."

Robert Fulghum 

1 comment:

Diane said...

Cute tag I love it, have a great evening..

Hugs From Me