Sunday, October 17, 2010

Hi there - it is now the end of the days and the cool of evening is settling in - not that it has been a particularly warm day but there is now a chill in the air.
Spring is being very fickle in this part of the world - warm days and then back to winter.

I have been out for most of the day firstly to Church at Salvation Army where Social Services Sunday was celebrated and our Community Services team were acknowledged for their effort and input and very hard work.  Each member of the team was presented with a framed Certificate of Appreciation.  It was lovely to see so many people I haven't seen for so long.  I shall have to hang my certificate on the wall.

Then on to lunch with friends.  Beautiful barbeque meal with salads etc., apple pie and ice cream and berries, then muffins and coffee. YUM !  It is always great to spend time with Narelle, Ilona and Diane and the joy was added to today with the presence of Rhonda and Spencer who are more than half way through their caravan holiday.The meal was lovely, the conversation good and just to be with friends a wonderful way to spend Sunday.  Thank you one and all.

I met a lovely dog today too - Toby - cherished pet of Rhonda and Spencer and it reminded me very much of the joys of having a dog.

I have done nothing but sit and eat today - so not having dinner tonight, but I am so very tired - just being out and about beats me up at times.  

Naomi and Alexis are home safely from Broken Hill and I shall see them tomorrow. They are great - so too is Rebecca - they always let me know when they are home safely and that's what I need so I don't worry.

I was late with my morning medication and late again this afternoon - doesn't take much to get out of routine - but that will settle when I am home again tomorrow.

I hope your Sunday is as lovely as mine has been - Megan I hope you enjoyed the visit from your son and his partner.  Weekends so very often mean family visits and excursions - cherish every one of them, store the memories away as they will serve you well.

To those in the Southern Hemisphere I wish you a sweet and peaceful sleep and those of you for whom Sunday is just starting - I wish you a wonderful day  filled with love and laughter and happy times.

Take care each and every one of you.

Love and hugs,





"Peace of mind is experienced when the stormy waves of the mind quell down."

Remez Sasson 

No comments: