Friday, October 29, 2010






Good Morning from Australia and me.  Today (Friday) here in Adelaide is very grey and we have the promise of rain for the most part of the day, although it is still warm.

I missed Thursday - I had an "off" day and felt very flat, so took some time out and did some nurturing of myself.   It didn't mean that it was not "Thankful Thursday" though and there are many things I am thankful for:

For the friend who said "You look great" when I was feeling melancholy.

For my daughters - strong and beautiful young women making their way well in the world - confident and caring.

For John who constantly supports me and sees my better side.

For this technology which puts me in your homes all around the world.

For Volunteers who do so much in our communities - Meals on Wheels, Home Nursing and visiting etc.  Society would function very much more poorly without them.  They are very often the only contact some people have with the outside world.

For Libraries - our windows to the world. (Our local Library has a Coffee Shop attached - what a lovely way to choose books and meet new friends!)

For my health and the fact that I can do things like take friends to the airport.

Rebecca had a birthday yesterday - I can't believe where the years have gone as it only seems last month that she was small and starting school. How often I relive those days when they were small and needed me for so much more.
They need me now but oh so differently - they are not only daughters but friends.

To those of you who are not well and struggling - feel better soon and take care of yourselves. To those at work and travelling - be safe and try to enjoy your job.

To you all I send my love and care.

Love and hugs,

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy, for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter into another."








1 comment:

Diane said...

Thanks Linda great post hope you are well rested and refreshed.. Take care.

Hug Diane