Saturday, October 2, 2010

Saturday has dawned in Adelaide - a typical spring day - clear sky, strong breeze and cool rather than cold.

Had an early start today - wasn't sleeping well and had a "bed backache" so out of bed and in the shower and then changed the bed linen and had the first load on the line by 5.30 am.  All washing done and I was at the shops at 8.30 when then opened the door.  Didn't buy much - some lovely Christmas bows for the gates, but it was nice to be out and about before the crowds.

I did buy something for me though - the new Lee Child book is out and so I purchased my copy of 'Worth Dying For (which follows on from 61 hours) so I am anxious to start it.  My favourite character - Jack Reacher features as it is part of the Jack Reacher series, this time set in Nebraska. 
(Hi Kat out there in Nebraska.)
I am sure I shall find some time this weekend to do some reading.

The Football Grand Final is today and I am having lunch with friends and we shall watch it all again.  My girls are away - one in London and the other in Melbourne.

I am doing well although last night I did feel a bit like I had a cold and sore throat but that seems to have cleared up today.  Because I am well I can now think more of others who are doing it tough at the moment.  Vicki - holding your hand each step of the way.

We are now into October which is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and I have decided to wear pink on each day (which isn't a problem because everyone knows my addiction to pink).  So I am wearing pink not only because I like it - but for Grace, for Vicki, my cousin Deborah, Delia, Sami, Ilona's Mum, Quannah's cousin (or is it her niece?) Beth Ann and the many other friends I know who have fought this battle or indeed still are fighting.

Take a few minutes and watch this Youtube clip of Melissa Etheridge (herself a Breast Cancer Girl)  I have put the lyrics below so you can read them.
I can't run for them but I can wear pink for awareness.


(Melissa Etheridge)

It's been years since they told her about it
The darkness her body possessed
And the scars are still there in the mirror
Everyday that she gets herself dressed
Though the pain is miles and miles behind her
And the fear is now a docile beast
If you ask her why she is still running
She'll tell you it makes her complete

[Chorus:]
I run for hope
I run to feel
I run for the truth
For all that is real
I run for your mother your sister your wife
I run for you and me my friend I run for life

It's a blur since they told me about it
How the darkness had taken its toll
And they cut into my skin and they cut into my body
But they will never get a piece of my soul
And now I'm still learning the lesson
To waken when I hear the call
And if you ask me why I am still running
I'll tell you I run for us all

[Chorus]

And someday if they tell you about it
If the darkness knocks on your door
Remember her remember me
We will be running as we have before
Running for answers
Running for more

Enjoy your weekend everyone - but please ladies remember to self check and to have your mammogram on schedule.  Spread the word among your friends and family.  Have a girly day with your friends or family - go for a mammogram and then out to lunch or something nice.  Don't put it in a dark corner - talk about it - it may well save someones life - maybe your own.

Thank you for reading these "musings from my heart" I have always been a deep thinker and I love sharing with you all.

Love and hugs,


"My cancer scare changed my life. I'm grateful for every new, healthy day I have. It has helped me prioritize my life."

Olivia Newton John


No comments: