Monday, October 4, 2010



Welcome to Monday - a holiday Monday here in most parts of Australia and a day to be enjoyed - even relished. 

I have decided that I planned to do too much this weekend and am not going to achieve very much of it at all.  This doesn't matter because there IS another day tomorrow.

Both of my girls are in transit at the moment - Naomi from Melbourne by car with Alexis and her parents and Rebecca and Nick are currently in the air from London to Singapore. I checked their flight and they were about half an hour late leaving London.  They don't have very long in Singapore so here's hoping they make up some time to catch the connection.  We really do live in a small world.  

I am doing fine - I do have some sort of Upper Respiratory Tract Infection and am taking things slowly and waiting for it to go away.  I have been up since quite early today as sleep just would not come.  I have changed the bed linen again and done the washing too.  Those satin sheets I bought are going straight to the back of the cupboard - they are just tooooo hot.  It was a nice idea but it didn't work out for me.

There really isn't a lot happening in my little corner of the world - life is good, life is beautiful and I send my love and care to those who continue to struggle with the load they carry. My sleepless nights are just that - just that sleep will not come - but my heart goes out to those who cannot sleep because of pain and for whom the juggling of medication is a constant battle.

Little guy in Sydney - got the call from the Transplant Team and is currently in Theatre undergoing what I hope will be live saving surgery.   Please hold little AJ close in heart and thought and remember his parents for whom this must be a great ordeal.  Hoping to hear some news which I will pass on to you.

I have changed the name of the Facebook Page I established from Liver Transplant Community to TRANSPLANT FRIENDS DOWN UNDER
as I felt it needed to be a broader community for all transplant recipients or donor families.  


Call by and visit - leave a message of support or just click "like" and remember to tell your friends about it.  Hopefully stories will be posted of the journey of other transplant patients.

Enjoy your Monday - however you spend it.

Love and hugs,


"Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you. "

1 comment:

Diane said...

Good Morning from Illinois Im hoping today will bring you some sleep. take care.

Hug Diane