Tuesday, November 23, 2010

ANOTHER HOT DAY AND CLOUDS IN THE SKY




Hello again from the hot City of Adelaide but the sky has clouded over and it looks like there could be some rain on the horizon and that will make it very humid - but there's not a thing we can do about it.

I have had a very quiet day after a dreadful night - just couldn't sleep and was up and down.  Eventually around two I came and checked email and had a cup of tea then went back to bed and think I did manage some fitful sleep between about four and six.  Consequently I haven't had much energy today and add to that the fact that I am not a hot weather girl has meant a day inside and taking it quietly.

It is my intention to defrost my deep freeze tomorrow - be good to play in the ice while it is so hot.  I don't know of anyone who likes defrosting the freezer, but it just sits there all year singing away and keeping the food fresh and safe.

I have done lots of thinking today about not being able to go back to my work in the capacity that I really love.  It took me all my life to find something I should have been doing all my life - but like I said yesterday it is all part of a plan and that will be revealed in due time and I am not going to waste a moment with regrets.   I have so much to be thankful for and so much that I want to you. 

This Blog (and the other two) are good for me and I really enjoy keeping in touch with you all this way and I have become involved in several On Line Forums promoting Organ Donation and Transplant.  I have established a Facebook Group called TRANSPLANT FRIENDS AUSTRALIA and now have 32 in the group - from all around the world and there is a sharing of information and a common thread that brings us together.  It was a case of "build it and they will come" and they did.  I have a lovely lung transplant recipient in Port Pirie,
and a gentleman here in Adelaide who was transplanted at Flinders and would have been in hospital during some of my time there.

I am patient to wait and am wondering if there is a job for me somewhere in promoting Organ Transplantation - who knows - I know that I couldn't work full time but on a voluntary basis there may well be things that I can do.

I have just come in from watering the plants and took a photograph of my lovely little tomatoes and also my petunias in hanging pots.

The tomato plant is "Pink Pearl" - a fund raiser for Breast Cancer awareness and the petunias are called "Spinnaker."






I am about to go off to dreamland and hope that sleep is my companion - take care whatever you do and wherever you go.

In the hustle and bustle of Christmas preparation be sure to enjoy it all and to spend time with your little ones and your family and friends.   Don't be too busy to enjoy it all.

Love and hugs,


1 comment:

Diane said...

You are amazing and manage to keep your self busy, very good healing therapy.. Your tomatoes and Petunia's are coming along beautifully, its always so much fun to watch plants grow it gives purpose to life.
I know you don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Australia so I will say have a great day tomorrow. I will be busy with the family. Ill take pictures if they let me LOL

Hug Diane