Thursday, November 25, 2010

A VERY SPECIAL SURPRISE FOR ME





Good Afternoon on what started out to be just another ordinary day.  I went to the Post Office and the shops early and was home again by 10.30 and settled in to sort through my Christmas Card list.  Made coffee and was about to start when the phone rang.

It was Nicole - one of the Liver Transplant Coordinators at Flinders with the news for me that she has received a letter for me from my Donor family.

This will be mailed out to me and has brought me great surprise because I was resigned to not hearing from them because it could well be too painful for them.
I am very emotional about this but thrilled to be hearing from the family who allowed the wishes of their family member to take place and gave me the gift of life.

The letter should arrive here on Monday - and I have the weekend to anticipate exactly what it holds. 

I truly am delighted and share this news with you who have travelled the road with me and shared my ups and downs.

Love and hugs,


No comments: