Friday, November 26, 2010

THANKSGIVING THURSDAY (posted on a Friday Morning)






Good Morning from a cool and grey Adelaide - I think we have the chance of rain and it is quite humid.

Well, Thankful Thursday came and went without me posting the things I have to be thankful for and it was Thanksgiving Day too.  But there is so much I have to be thankful for.

I am thankful for yesterday and the phone call I received advising me that there is a letter on it's way to me from my Donor Family.  I am trying to imagine what the letter holds and what I will learn.  I am so glad that my Donor family is in good enough shape to even consider writing to me. Each milestone I reach is special but there I have an awareness that it is also a milestone in the grief and loss of this special family.
While I am alive and well and rejoice I hope they can find some joy in knowing how precious their gift is to me.

I am thankful for the postal service as I wait for my letter to arrive.  The staff at my local Post Office are lovely people and I am thankful for them and the smiles and greetings I receive when I go there.

The gentle soft rain gave me reason to be thankful - my petunias and tomato plant were also grateful too.  It was the peaceful and gentle rain that is healing and soothing.

I am thankful for my family and friends - they are amazing in their support of me.  My real life friends and my on line friends bring joy to my days. Their kindnesses, care and concern are wonderful.

I am thankful for the joy and love that shines at this time of year - it would be lovely if we could keep the spirit of Christmas in our hearts all year round.  There seems to be a magic in the air and warmth in the heart.

I thought I had lost my engagement ring on Wednesday and I give thanks that I found it - exactly where I had put it!  A few anxious moments for me there.

There is so much more I could list but I am thankful every day for so very much.


I hope that my American friends have enjoyed their Thanksgiving Day and celebrated with family and friends.  To those whose families are in different States of Countries - be thankful for the technology that allows phone calls and on line "visits"  Digital photography amazes me as I am old enough to remember taking films to the Pharmacy for developing and waiting almost a week for them to return.

I am off to get breakfast and tablets.on this Friday morning and to those whose day is ending I wish you a sweet and peaceful sleep and to those for whom it is already Friday - be glad for the coming weekend. 

Sending love and care your way and please know I am thankful for you all.

Love and hugs,


"Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow. " 

Edward Sandford Martin



No comments: