Sunday, December 19, 2010

HERE I AM AGAIN



We are on the countdown to Christmas now and the days are busy, which is why I haven't been here for a few days.  I have been busy sorting through things and making sure that all is in hand for Christmas.

I have been washing tablecloths and now have the ironing of them, sorting through all the things I have made.   Today I have been through the fridge and sorted out stuff which has been tossed out - making room for other goodies.
Soon it will be time to turn on the fridge in the garage for extra food and drinks.
I seem to have everything in hand with the only shopping left to be done being the fresh fruit which I will leave until much later in the week.

I am well and happy and content with my decorating and preparations - a very different story to last year when at this stage I was still in hospital and hoping to escape to home for Christmas.

I have been listening to beautiful music and spent the afternoon listening to Handel's Messiah - truly beautiful.

My heart is full and I am looking forward to my family being with me for at least some part of Christmas day. 

Only a few little cooking things to do - shortbread Christmas tree and a mixed berry trifle with raspberries on top.

I have been invited to meet "on line" friends on Thursday at 11 at Ikea for coffee and I am hoping that I can be there.  These are friends from a Christmas Group I belong to.

However you are spending these last few days before Christmas be sure to enjoy the things you do - bake cookies with a child, read a Christmas story, make a phone call to a friend - spread the joy and happiness that is so special at this time of year.

Enjoy it all and be safe as you travel on your way.

Love and hugs,



No comments: