Saturday, December 4, 2010

I'M BACK





I can't believe that it is three days since I did anything on this blog.  I don't know where the time has gone - I have done some shopping and some crossword puzzles - and some laundry but that seems to be about all I have been up to.  Done some Christmas decorating too.
Taking me twice as long to do half as much.

Thankful Thursday came and went without any attention here - but that doesn't mean I was not and am not thankful for so many things.

I am thankful for this wonderful season of the year - it makes my heart sing and gives me the chance to write to people and catch up.

I am thankful for my family and friends - and for Doctors who care for them when things are not quite as they should be.

I am thankful to be well enough to go to the shops and be part of the hustle and bustle - I missed all of that last year as I was in and out of hospital.

My grateful heart rejoices at a letter received from my Donor family - telling me things about the man who gave me the gift of life.

I am thankful that a friend - the sweetest of souls arrived safely in Adelaide to spend Christmas with her daughter (my friend Narelle.)

I am thankful for the rain we have had during the week and thankful too that it wasn't too much for Melinda and Damon and that their crops will be okay.

For a lovely hug and a thank you from a little girl who had a birthday and loved her gift.  It was sweet Grace.

For all the emails and messages I have received just checking on how I am doing - thank you.  I am doing very well indeed.

This coming week sees the end of my freedom - it is back to blood tests and Clinic appointments - but I have had seven glorious weeks of almost normal life.  I am meeting someone for coffee at Flinders on Friday afternoon prior to Clinic - someone I met on line and who also had a liver transplant at Flinders in February.  This man joined my Group Transplant Friends Australia and by a series of messages we realize that we have a great deal in common.

I have completed all my Christmas cards and the letters I include with them and they are sitting here ready for mailing. and I have put the Christmas tree up and now am anxious for Wednesday when Naomi and Alexis are coming down to help decorate it.  That will be in gold and silver and cream, but I have also put a much smaller one up - decorated in pink/purple and silver.


This is the one waiting for decoration 


and this is the one that will match my table decor.


So I guess that tells me where the days have gone and I really have achieved quite a lot.  I love this time of year and love opening the mail and receiving Christmas cards.  Three weeks today and it will be Christmas.

Time for me to move on and get my evening meal - I am waiting for the day to cool a little as I have some watering to do - this gardening takes up time too.

Have a wonderful evening or a great day - It is the weekend - enjoy it all.
Be sure to spend time with those you love and be sure they know you love them.

Love and hugs,





1 comment:

Diane said...

Great Blogg Linda I sure do enjoy reading your Bloggs. TFTS. Have a great Day.. Be Happy

Hugs dianelouise