Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday Monday -

Bah-da bah-da-da-da
Bah-da bah-da-da-da
Bah-da bah-da-da-da

Monday, Monday, so good to me
Monday mornin', it was all I hoped it would be
Oh Monday mornin', Monday mornin' couldn't guarantee
That Monday evenin' you would still be here with me


Monday, Monday, can't trust that day
Monday, Monday, sometimes it just turns out that way
Oh Monday mornin' you gave me no warnin' of what was to be
Oh Monday, Monday, how could you leave and not take me


Every other day, every other day
Every other day of the week is fine, yeah
But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes
A-you can find me cryin' all of the time


Monday, Monday, so good to me
Monday mornin', it was all I hoped it would be
But Monday mornin', Monday mornin' couldn't guarantee
That Monday evenin' you would still be here with me


Every other day, every other day
Every other day of the week is fine, yeah (yeah)
But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes
A-you can find me cryin' all of the time

Monday, Monday, can't trust that day
Monday, Monday, it just turns out that way
Oh Monday, Monday, won't go away
Monday, Monday, it's here to stay
Oh Monday, Monday
Oh Monday, Monday


Do you remember it?  the Mamas and the Papas - 1966 - the year I got engaged.  Oh so long ago but the music lingers.

Well today has been Monday Monday again and the news is full of more flood details and more places flooding in different states.  Finding more bodies and the trauma and tragedy for so many people.
I have been wondering how transplant patients are getting on in Brisbane and Ipswich - as the risk of infection would be so high to their almost nonexistent immune systems.  I am thinking they may well have had to go to stay away from their homes - staying in an evacuation centre would not be ideal for them either.  Just one of the changes that come to your life after you receive the wonderful gift of a transplanted organ.

Doctors have been volunteering at the evacuation centres each day so for those people who lost their medication - help is at hand.

There have been so many wonderful things happening and coming out of a bad situation - A Bakery in Ipswich that is baking 24 hours a day and charging less than $1.00 for a loaf of bread and if you don't have the money he gives you the bread.  He is also providing tea and coffee.  Great stuff,.

Police Officers have gone from South Australia and New South Wales and been sworn in to the Queensland Police Force for a tour of duty.  Our State Emergency Services have several teams going up there.

Fisher and Paykel have a place with washing machines and dryers for use by the public, and so many other wonderful and generous things being done.

A friend who lives in Ipswich has been baking and taking food out to volunteers - well done Lyn.

It is quite inspirational the things I am hearing and I am proud of people.

There is such a lot of heartache for people all over the country and Victoria waits for rivers to peak and to see what damage is done there.

I am doing fine - a little better I think and have had another quiet day.  Sleep was not my companion for many hours last night but I did finish my book - TICK TOCK by James Patterson (not due to be released until later in the month but I managed to buy a copy in the week between Christmas and New Year.)
I really enjoyed it and think that Patterson is developing Michael Bennett in a similar vein to Alex Cross. 

Since transplant my reading taste has changed considerably and I am reading lots of murder/mystery novels and loving them.

Well I am off to find another novel to read - can't not have a book on the go.  I have read so much in the past 8 moths since I got my concentration back and so many people have been good to me with making sure I had books to read.
Staff at the hospital brought books in and shared their interest, Christina has sent books in the mail, Ilona shares her books too - I am off out in a few minuted to take TICK TOCK for her to read.

Where ever you are - be safe and be happy - take care on wet and icy roads and take some time to nurture your soul - a quiet corner, a walk on the beach, through the woods, playing in the snow.   Make memories that will last.

Love and hugs,




(this tag was a gift on the anniversary of my transplant - thank you Honour - I call it "Anniversary Roses."

No comments: