Sunday, January 16, 2011

A QUIET AND PEACEFUL SUNDAY.




It is Sunday evening and the sun is going down at the end of a warm summer day - clear blue sky, gentle breeze and oh so quiet.

Today I have taken "time out" from news bulletins, busy outings and fortunately the phone has been quiet too.  It has been good to be "apart and rest a while".
It has been a gentle day and I have physically rested, but I have also rested my mind and I shall top of this lovely day with an early night.

The wind is stronger now and I can hear my wind chimes through an open door and I can also hear the laughter and calls of children playing outside in the cool of the evening.   They have just two more weeks of their long summer break and then school will resume and the year will be back to "normal".

Lots of children in Queensland have no schools to go back to and they are due to return a week earlier than us in South Australia.

I really don't have lots to report after such a restful day - how did I fill a whole day - answer to that is quite easily.   I read outside in the shade for a long time, I did some tidying up on the computer and watched some television I had recorded.   

My younger daughter returns to work tomorrow after a six month break and I did speak to her on the phone to wish her well.  She has been on Study leave and really wasn't looking forward to going back.

So for my family - tomorrow sees everyone back at work and in two weeks School will be in and Christmas just a memory.

I shall be back into routine tomorrow with laundry, post office and some shopping etc. and I am so very thankful that I am able to do these things again.   It was eighteen months for me with not being able to do these things.  I really do have to learn to pace myself a bit better but I am learning.

Whatever you are doing, be it evening or morning I wish you peace and calm in your heart.  For my Indiana friend Cheryl on her way to Florida - safe journey to you - be safe and enjoy your time away from the snow of Indiana.

Birthday greetings for my friend Quannah who lives in the pan handle of Texas - have a great day Que. I will be thinking of you.

To my Aussie friends - have a great week, travel well and be safe - and please remember our friends in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and Tasmania who are suffering because of the flooding.

Lots of functions are being held around the country - Tennis Matches with the world's best playing, Cricket matches, Cycle rides with Lance Armstrong and lots of Offices are holding functions. Narelle I wish you well with your Morning tea on Wednesday with your Office friends.  I hope it is a huge success and that you raise a good amount for the Flood Fund.

We have received offers from all around the world of help both financial and with the expertise to sort out the mess and I offer my thanks to you all.

There have been hundreds of volunteers turn up again today to help clean up - the Australian spirit is indomitable and I am proud to be part of this beautiful damaged land.


Love and hugs,






1 comment:

Aletha said...

What a beautiful Blog you write. I am happy that things are going well for you, I am sorry to here that part of your country is having such a bad time with the rains and what they have done.