Thursday, January 20, 2011

WELCOME TO THANKFUL THURSDAY

Welcome to Thankful Thursday and my heart rejoices at the number of things I have to be thankful for - where oh where do I start?


For this new day with clear blue sky and sunshine.  A beautiful full moon overnight was mesmerising and brought a lovely time my way  I am thankful for this quiet time at my computer - time to read mail and news updates.  I am thankful for the technology that allows me access to the world.  I read The New York Times on line and lots of other international newspapers - this brings me constant amazement.  I am thankful for my lovely coffee and the food I have.

I am thankful for my friends who constantly check on me to see that I am doing well and share their lives, hopes and dreams with me.

For the generosity of strangers and the people of this country in rallying to the support of those who have suffered such loss and damage in our recent flood events.    We have a long long way to go but I am thankful for the Aussie spirit.

How could I forget my lovely family and their care for me - I am thankful that they now feel it is safe to leave me for a few days without a phone call - a big step for them in their care.  I am proud of their achievements and the fact that when things go wrong or are difficult they are there.

I am thankful too that they all have employment in a world where so many cannot find a job.

Today is gong to be a hot day - and I am thankful for air conditioning to keep me cool, for my mobile telephone which allows me to contact people wherever I am and for people to be able to access me.

For volunteers without whom this country would be a much poorer place - they do their chosen "job" with such enthusiasm and energy.

I wonder do you volunteer - I would love to hear from you if you do as to what you do and who you work with.  It is a very worthwhile effort.  Please let me know.

To those well into their Thursday here in Australia - have a good day - be safe and encouraged by what you see around you and to those of you who are well into their evening - enjoy your time and then I wish for you a sweet and peaceful sleep.

I shall go now and get on with my day in this beautiful beautiful - although at times troubled world.

Love and hugs,









No comments: