Thursday, February 17, 2011

WELCOME AGAIN TO THANKFUL THURSDAY

Good Morning and welcome to "Thankful Thursday" and on this very grey and heavy Thursday morning I have so much to be thankful for.

We have rain forecast for tomorrow but from the look of the sky this morning I think it may arrive earlier.  It is warm and humid this morning - not a typical Adelaide summer morning.     

Summer mornings in Adelaide are usually very bright, very hot and with clear blue skies, but this morning is far from that.  I would be understandable to think it was much earlier than this eight thirty.

My cat is giving me grief - she didn't come home until very very late last night and when she did she was very demanding of my time and of course she was hungry.  Whenever I walk - she lies down in front of me and I am scared I am going to fall. She is very aloof and this falling down in front of me is about the only real form of interaction she has with us "mere mortals."  - I recall the statement that dogs have owners but cats have staff.  So very true with Chloe

There are many things I don't like about summer, but some things I do and to have a home grown peach sliced up for breakfast is one of them - bliss.

Dinner and company was good - some discussion and debate and of course the crossword puzzles. It means a later night for me and last night I stayed up late and wrote two more posts for my Blog "A Liver for Linda" and although at times it is difficult - it it enlightening to me and to others. 

March in my diary is looking busy with another appointment added yesterday 0 this time a dental appointment on 1st. March - which gives clear indication that it is six months since i saw her.  I can't believe that six months have gone by and I question what have I achieved?  

I don't think I have done very much at all - did lots of arrangements for Christmas and loved it, have driven to places, seen movies, read books and been out to meals.  I do hope that somewhere in all of that business of my life I have been able to bring a smile to people, offer a helping hand, speak a kindly word and offer some comfort.  I hope I have nurtured friendships and made new ones.

"Thankful Thursday" brings to mind lots of things and these are just some of them:

As always I am thankful for life itself - for a transplant aware family whose gift gave me life. I am thankful for Donor Awareness Week this coming week which is a time for education and awareness.

I am thankful that Cylone Yasi did not take human life (although there is much unseen damage to be healed.)  Cyclone Carlos is currently leaving Darwin alone and Tropical Cyclone Dianne is forming off the northern Western Australian coast (sorry Dianne - there is nothing cyclonic about you)  It gets confusing for me at times I have a Diane in Illinois, a Diane in far north Queensland and a Dianne here in Adelaide - I am thankful for friends.

I am thankful for the little things in life - those little things that bring joy and pleasure as I go about my day - a tomato bush still in fruit, beautiful pink roses, the smell of a barbeque at a neighbours, a cheerful wave and smile from across the road, good neighbours and good friends.

The telephone is something for which I am thankful - it puts me instantly in touch with friends and family and how often we take it for granted.  Music lives in my heart and I am thankful for those talented people who write such magic and share it with the world.

Books are also on my thankful list and I have just started listing books with Book Crossing. A lovely way to share books by leaving them for someone to find and you can track the journey of your books.

Have a look here and learn about it.


It looks to me to be a lot of fun.

I am thankful for my online Group - Aussies Crazy About Christmas and for the friendships I have made there.  It is lots of fun sharing ideas and details of plans and recipes.

I am off now to find joy around me and to enjoy my day - there are tears some days as this world is full of sadness, but I can usually manage to find some joy in most things.

So I say farewell with a thankful heart and wish you peace and calm until our paths cross again,

Love and hugs,








No comments: